BANGKOK 15 October 2018 15:12
webfact

Israeli forces kill two Palestinians near border as Gaza buries dead

Yes , somehow I can even understand how the Israelis think ... but what they think , I do not like ... there can be as much talking as possible , but that does not change the facts .

7 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

OK , in this case the Malaysians would only be armed with stones and burning tires as well ...?

I seriously doubt that anyone wanted to " break through " this border , fighting against heavily armed professional killers , without being adequately equipped ?

That would be suicidal , and they knew it .

That was a protest and not a tempted invasion ...

Look at other information sources, not only Palestinian, and you will see the difference.

When there was a kind of Martin Luther King march... no shot would be fired.

Remind: from 1967 - around 1990  there was nearly a free movement of people, and merchandise... I walked in 1984 over that border with MAYBE see one single guard... see 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_the_Gaza_Strip  "Since June 1989, Israel has formally restricted the movement of Palestinians, imposing a magnetic-card system whereby only those with such a card were allowed to leave the Strip"

I helped to find , especially in building construction, to replace the then refused Palestinian workers. see https://www.jpost.com/Metro/Tel-Avivs-Filipino-shuk-490509  and https://migration.ucdavis.edu/mn/more.php?id=1299_0_5_0

Same as in Europe: many Asians here, but problems ONLY and ONLY with ONE religion

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes , before everything was better , but that is long gone ...

Religion ? If there is a god , he made all the universe , right ? Or do you think there is a special god only for special people ? 555

If everything in universe was created by god , ( and that is too much to even imagine ...) , do you think your prayers will be listened to ... ? Wake up .

Edited by nobodysfriend

36 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

rOK , in this case the Malaysians would only be armed with stones and burning tires as well ...?

I seriously doubt that anyone wanted to " break through " this border , fighting against heavily armed professional killers , without being adequately equipped ?

See New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/world/middleeast/gaza-protest-israel.html  or  https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/hamas-plans-demonstrations-on-gaza-israel-border/4322739.html  or http://www.egyptindependent.com/hamas-prepares-mass-rallies-along-gaza-israel-border/  even https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-10/gaza-barrier-can-t-withstand-an-assault-by-mob-fencemaker-says even   https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gaza-israel-violence-at-border-fence-2018-04-27/

Read: https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2018/03/israel-palestinians-us-hamas-mahmoud-abbas-speech-gaza-strip.html 

The movement is preparing to encourage masses of Palestinians to climb the fence, be the cost as it may. The more desperate they are, the more they are likely to head for points of friction with Israel and clash with its troops. They will have nothing to lose.

The sanctions Abbas announced will enter into force immediately. They will result once again in the suspension of wages to PA employees in Gaza, greater hardship for the enclave’s barely functioning hospitals and severe power cuts. In a few weeks, as the mass march nears, Gaza is expected to be under a blackout. This will give the Palestinians additional cause to rise up and set out for the border fence, with Hamas cheering them on so it can shift responsibility for its central role in their plight and Abbas using their plight for his own political means.

Come on... 2018... the information age... read... so much on Internet...  not only one side... but several sides...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

They will have nothing to lose.

Yes , because Israel has taken all away from them ...

Look , I do not like terrorists , and Hamas is certainly a terrorist organisation ... I do not like innocent people to die because someone has decided over their destiny ... that goes for terrorists AND Israelis .

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gamini said:

Are you paid by the Israeli government to make lame excuses  for all their violent actions against innocent civilians.  No, I am not paid by ANYone... 
Gaza is a concentration camp hemmed in by Israel and limiting all their freedoms. Is MADE such a camp after many terrorist actions from there. In 1971, as student, I could walk just as free from Israel into the West bank and Gaza and back, together with israeli, Arab and other students as between the EU member states.  They are freedom fighters, just like the French resistance against the German occupation. They want to return to their homes from which they were forcibly evicted No, from which they were called by the Arab leaders to leave, to give theri armies free killing fields. Thoise arabs who stayyed, are now till in even teh Israëli parliament. How many Jews are in such a position in the Arab world ?  . The Israel government,  not content with that, wants to take more and more of their land. Might be not, see https://www.wordfromjerusalem.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/the-case-for-israel-appendix2.pdf. see also "palestinian land owning during british mandates"in google

Trump is a puppet of the Israeli government because they gave him billions of dollars ( I think it is more the opposite, as the little Jewish state simply doesnot have so much money. Second: Trump had enough of his own) for his election and he somehow has to appease them.

Calling others dunces is rather pathetic, childish remark. One only has to read your previous post to see your appalling hatred of the Palestinians. In one of your last posts. You accused Iran of shelling Israel. You obviously don't seem to realise that it was the Golan Heights where they shelled Israeli positions. Perhaps you don't know that the Golan Heights is in Syria, not in Israel. ( not since June 1967

This forum is supposed to be a friendly place and not one to spew hatred and propaganda.

Don't call me anti-Semitic because I am certainly not. I have many Jewish friends as well as Jewish business partners and they all deplore the present Israeli government as most of the world does.

Not so long ago I had an Israeli army friend come and stay with me. He was imprisoned for refusing to shoot Palestinian women and children , he told me a lot about what actually went on in Israel, so I'm well informed . So why don't you just give us all a break and keep your hatreds to yourself. I really pity you.

I agree with you, the way the present Israeli government handles the situation is NOT helping to solve this M.E. problem

"The mother of 8-month-old Palestinian infant Laila al-Ghandour, who died after inhaling tear gas during a protest against U.S. embassy move to Jerusalem at the Israel-Gaza border, mourns during her funeral in Gaza City May 15"

Such a tragedy in any circumstances for a baby to lose their life. RIP. I do have two questions though:

1. Why would an 8 month old be anywhere near this dangerous situation? and

2. I am definitely no expert on this topic, but I do listen to both sides of the debate.  Yesterday I heard this was not a protest against the embassy move, but an annual protest by the Palestinians tied into the anniversary of the formation of Israel. Is that right or not?

Israeli soldiers use very powerful bullets made in USA in order to cause a lot more casualties and death. Isn't the bible a great book!

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

1. Why would an 8 month old be anywhere near this dangerous situation? and  Becasue HAMAS insists for martyrers ! 

2. I am definitely no expert on this topic, but I do listen to both sides of the debate.  Yesterday I heard this was not a protest against the embassy move, but an annual protest by the Palestinians tied into the anniversary of the formation of Israel. Is that right or not?   Read at MANY publications at Internet. Every year around 15 May... 

And.. how many riots in Jordan, Lebanon, seen the low level of rights of Palestinians there ? ? Same ++ for the Gulf, and Saudi-Arabia. 700.000 jews fled the Arab world. So.. take up 700.000 Palestinians.

Bye the way: also later, many Arab nations kept a "low profile" in taking up ther Arab brothers from Iraq and Syria. Therefore over 1 million WALKED to Germany c.s.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, keith101 said:

Trump is the idiot who created this and has obviously done a deal with Israel for Trump business there 

The protests would have taken place regardless of Trump. This year marks the 70th anniversary of Israeli independence/Palestinian Nakba. Trump "just" threw some gasoline on the flames.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

OK , in this case the Malaysians would only be armed with stones and burning tires as well ...?

Since the protests started, there were several instances of the fence being breached. There were also failed attempts to do so, or to sabotage the fence. Speeches by Hamas leaders repeated the call to charge the fence and cross over, to "return" etc. The Israeli settlements and towns are situated very near to the fence.

As for "suicidal", the concept of martyrdom is rather common among Muslims in the ME, and perhaps even more so with regard to Palestinians. Said "martyrs" are respected, their families taken care of. And yes, Hamas is an Islamic movement.

Invasion it was not. But that doesn't mean there were no attempts to breach the fence, and no intention to do so. Luckily for both sides, there was no mass breaching - which would have led to far more casualties.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

"The mother of 8-month-old Palestinian infant Laila al-Ghandour, who died after inhaling tear gas during a protest against U.S. embassy move to Jerusalem at the Israel-Gaza border, mourns during her funeral in Gaza City May 15"

Such a tragedy in any circumstances for a baby to lose their life. RIP. I do have two questions though:

1. Why would an 8 month old be anywhere near this dangerous situation? and

2. I am definitely no expert on this topic, but I do listen to both sides of the debate.  Yesterday I heard this was not a protest against the embassy move, but an annual protest by the Palestinians tied into the anniversary of the formation of Israel. Is that right or not?

With regard to the infant's death - after the initial report by the Ministry of Health in Gaza, a local doctor told AP there was a a local doctor she may have died due to an preexisting condition, and that she was sick prior to events. As for taking an infant to a violent protest - beats me, both with regard to the family, and local authorities.

This bit is hidden somewhere midway this story:

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/deadliest-day-in-four-years-may-trigger-outright-war-in-gaza-as-nations-hit-out-at-trump/news-story/352170746928ddc87d11722b5c38ef86

There are annual Palestinian protests marking several dates. As this year marks the 70th anniversary of Israeli independence/Palestinian Nakba, protests were planned as a 6 week efforts starting on Land Day and ending on Nakba Day. Trump's Embassy move was a perfect fit to make things worse, but there would have been protests regardless.

• Like 1

A Flame post has been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Inflammatory posts removed.