webfact

Pattaya motorcycle taxis told: No more extortion/taking advantage of tourists

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Seems another crackdown will come soon.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

So, people that visit, lives and use this services in Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Ubon and all other cities in Thailand are not at all important. I guess they must enforce the rules everywhere. But we can forget it´s Thailand. It will always be at the discretion of the one you meet.

Don't think any of the cities you mentioned have a MC taxi service? seems to be limited only to certain places.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CGW said:

Don't think any of the cities you mentioned have a MC taxi service? seems to be limited only to certain places.

Are you joking with me? Even small cities like Yasothon and Kut Chum have. They are everywhere. First time to Thailand? ?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Because we will enforce it for the next 24 hours..............hmmm, maybe the next 12 hours

Posted (edited)

I live 10 years in Bkk and drive with motosai taxi about daily from condo to Rama 4 it was just little under 1 kilometer and cost daily 10 Baht but all round in Pattaya the minimum charge is 40 Baht so I just wondering why or what make from Pattaya motorbike taxi so expensive in Pattaya?

Same Pattaya taxi cars, from Second road - Soi Diana in corner to Khao Talo is about 4 kilometer and cost 400 Baht (never open meter even demand rather they kick passanger out than open meter) but when I live in Bkk and get taxi fare often from Phra Khanong BTS to Suvarnaphumi 22km without highway toll and cost about 180 - 220 Baht (with hightway + 40-60B) and always drive with meter on so my question is that what make Pattaya taxi so much more expensive in Pattaya than in Bkk or do the taxi drivers have right to rob all passangers in Pattaya or how, cause I never trust that pattaya gasoline, gas or other car user expences are so much more expensive than in Bkk, and why Pattaya taxis not need to use meters?

Edited by Aatsi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see that's all been sorted very easily no more ripping off or face kicking ever

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

There are three ways to address problems such as this one: education, education and education. My wife started giving computer education to primary 4 and 5 kids at the local school; in a class of ten, three can neither read nor right. No hopers like these will end up motorbike taxis in Pattaya, where they'll use their position of strength vis-a-vis the naive tourists to extort them while greatly enjoying doing it.

There is only one problem,the taxi riders have to pay to much to their bosses and these bosses are the police 

• Thanks 1

A post all in caps has been removed

Well then ..... that really was all just a waste of everybody’s time and money. I laude the DLT for their lead in taking up a stance on the matter but unfortunately you cannot unteach what is ingrained into the genes of these guys.

• Like 1

Well of course the Pattaya top cops weren't there.

Having been totally overruled by the DLT they have totally lost face.

They are just too embarrassed.

This news has been going viral for 20 years. But seems it will keep going for ever, until these guys are electronically tagged for calculating the fair.

• Like 1