BANGKOK 10 December 2018 16:48

Posted (edited)

Just announced. Not much info yet ...

CRF450.png

CRF450L.png

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 2

My oh my....if this appears in Thailand I expect it to sell like hot cakes in the expat community.

I've been ranting on for ages about Honda bring out one here. Hopefully they will bring out a road version like the CRF250M as well.

Although I have been looking at the Suzuki DRZ400SM for a while, this would definitely change my focus in Thailand.

Maybe something to look forward to for my return in a year or so.

• Like 1

I cannot understand lusting after something that is not either made or available here.  Thinking global is OK but eventually the reality of buying local sinks in.

6 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I cannot understand lusting after something that is not either made or available here.  Thinking global is OK but eventually the reality of buying local sinks in.

Are you sure it won't be sold here? Honda BigWing already sells loads of models that aren't made here, including the CRF250R for 285,000 Baht. I'm not saying it will definitely be sold here, but it's a strong possibility. 

• Like 1

canthai55 - I have just sent you a Private Mail.

Nice one Honda. Lets hope it proves worth the wait , and coming to Thailand. If its shipped to the USA for 310 K , then it should be no more than 350 K , if the 250 R is 285 K. Having twin radiators will sort the heat problem of the CRF L out. with the engine loosely based on the X/R version , that should be OK. Im assuming fully adjustable suspension , with decent fork seals.131 KG is good , but the 7.5 L tank will severely limit its range off-road.                 

• Like 1

I wonder how much power? 45-50hp?

Nice bike if you go a lot off-road and perhaps a little trip to Laos.

Boy 130kg!! you could turn it into a nice little supermoto and spend most of the time on the rear wheel only, he-he.

• Like 1