webfact

Kiwi dies on holiday in Phuket celebrating second wedding anniversary

I agree there was obviously an un-diagnosed heart problem.  It happens a lot in sports. Still very sad and shocking to his Family and Friends.  My condolences and RIP Harley.

We can only speculate. Let's hope his body gets back to New Zealand in an unadulterated state (i.e. not opened up by Thai medics) so that their pathologists can find out what happened.

RIP

11 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Nonsense. The deceased  obviously had an undiagnosed heart ailment. Sudden cardiac death is not unusual.

Easy,I think that Get Real was being a bit  facetious

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

That just cement the theory that excercising ain´t good for you. Sit down, take a beer and just grow old and bald. 

that sir is called confirmation bias

• Like 1

It happens all the time in sports, young football players die on the pitch, cyclists , runners in marathons . A lot of cases recently that are linked with undiagnosed heart condition.  If you want to be a fit athlete , check your heart first . 

3 hours ago, darren1971 said:

Dear Sir, does that mean that you just didn´t confirm shit?

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation. :smile:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Get Real said:

That just cement the theory that excercising ain´t good for you. Sit down, take a beer and just grow old and bald. 

I'm 45 and bald already, so where does that leave me ??

I exercise on a regular basis and don't really drink alcohol that often but after reading more stories like this, plus your response, I might need to re-evaluate !!

RIP fit guy that I didn't know...

I go walking every day with my big stick for the dogs. At 61 I try to stay a bit healthy and fit because my Thai wife at 53  has not lost her sex drive. But sad this story on this guy dying at 32 Some people are just born with bad hearts. I was fortunate to be born with a healthy heart like most of you guys.

1 minute ago, Happyman58 said:

At 61 I try to stay a bit healthy and fit because my Thai wife at 53  has not lost her sex drive.

Shit, I hope my wife is over it by the age of 53 !!! Sitting back with a beer is much more relaxing :whistling:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happyman58 said:

my Thai wife at 53  has not lost her sex drive.

Thanks for that important piece of information , at 7 AM in the morning , thats the kind of news that I require

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Thanks for that important piece of information , at 7 AM in the morning , thats the kind of news that I require

That's ok Max  Thought I would cheer you up for the rest of the day A little bit of humor makes everybody's day. Well some I see

4 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Shit, I hope my wife is over it by the age of 53 !!! Sitting back with a beer is much more relaxing :whistling:

Let you on a secret. Carlos  Thai women are built to please. What is the old saying "Happy wife happy home" What is your favorite beer? Please don't say Chang or Leo  Yuk

13 hours ago, moe666 said:

Ther has to be more to this than what has been reported 32 years old too young to have heart issue. Must be a big cover up by the Thais yes what are they covering up.

My best wishes to the family on the loss of their loved one, too young to go

Young fit people have heart attacks.

Forget the tin foil hat.

15 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

I go walking every day with my big stick for the dogs. At 61 I try to stay a bit healthy and fit because my Thai wife at 53  has not lost her sex drive. But sad this story on this guy dying at 32 Some people are just born with bad hearts. I was fortunate to be born with a healthy heart like most of you guys.

You won't drop off walking at 4kph.

4 hours ago, darren1971 said:

No it's called a bad joke.