BANGKOK 13 November 2018 09:18
webfact

Video: Back to school and back fighting - Thai media reports on Bangkok schools at war

Video: Back to school and back fighting - Thai media reports on Bangkok schools at war

3pm.jpg

video screenshot

CH7NEWS showed a video of two groups of students fighting in the street in Samrong before going back to school.

The students were armed with sticks, pieces of metal, hammers and rocks.

Locals spoke of the violence erupting in the morning then continuing after school.

A curry seller said it was lucky all her customers had gone as the violence happened around her shop.

It happened just meters from a police booth and police were able to stop it.

Later a meeting was arranged with the two rival groups and their parents in an effort to stop the violence.

Source: CH7NEWS

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-05-25

I saw the start of one a few days back whilst driving home on King Kaew Road, 4 or 5 motorcycles, all with two students on, spotted someone on a song taew, they were giving the finger etc then they all stopped I could see them in my mirror waiting for the song taew.  I did a u turn and came back round but the police were already there and everyone had scarpered..

• Like 1

500 Baht per student,.... that would be a good pair of catchings.

23 minutes ago, quandow said:

I blame a large part of this on elementary schools. More and more the kids are told to sit in their chairs or sit in an orderly fashion during recess/break times. They aren't given the time and freedom to learn how to interact in a social setting, how to work out their problems reasonably, until they reach a point like THESE poor kids. The only thing they seem to know is "attack." This is becoming a very angry society.

I agree with you 1000000000%  

... or they were told they could not use the cell phone to speak to their friends in class... Administration, parents, and rule makers need to enforce the proper behaviors.