webfact

Troubled British tourist falls to death from Chiang Mai condo

Troubled British tourist falls to death from 15th-floor condo balcony

By The Nation

bt.jpg

Foto: Thai Rath

A British tourist fell to his death from the 15th floor of a Chiang Mai condominium on Sunday night.

Phil Edward Miller Hardwicke, 57, died after landing on a bench next to the third-floor swimming pool at the Lanna 3 Condo on Huay Kaew road in Tambon Chang Phuak, Muang district.

Condo staff told police that the man had been renting the room for several months and lived alone there.

His fall was seen by horrified fellow residents, who were swimming at the time.

Chang Phuak police checked his room and found that it had been locked from the inside. The room was tidy and nothing appeared to have been stolen.

Police also found a diary that he had written about conflicts he had with his family.

The body was sent for a post mortem at Chiang Mai Hospital and the British consular office in Chiang Mai was informed of the incident.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30346413

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-28

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

Why do they choose Thailand to die? Fatal attraction?

When I leave my property I lock the door from the inside and my locks are British Yale not some cheap Chinese rubbish so just because the door was locked from the inside proves nothing RIP the deceased only he knows what really happened it amazes me how many times we read about people falling from their balconies in the Kingdom.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Isolation from family and support services. The mind of someone with these mental issues struggles to work through even the smallest of issues resulting in self harm or suicide 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Suicide takes more deaths globally than wars or homocide in this modern age.....that’s the way it is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saakura said:

Isolation from family and support services. The mind of someone with these mental issues struggles to work through even the smallest of issues resulting in self harm or suicide 

• Like 2