rooster59

Largest train station in Southeast Asia to open in Bangkok

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Denim said:

Drove past this last week. It really is huge.

Wonder what they will do with Hualampong .......... a real landmark. Be a shame to see it go to seed or close.

Yes, i also drove past a few times and it is really huge. I am certain that Hua Lamphong will be quietly demolished over time (leaving a small part as some relic to keep the activists quiet) and the land leased out to influential developers. These plans would have been made first  and the decision to build a new station taken later. I do not recall the public being informed of this mega project until a few days ago.

Edited by saakura
  • Like 2

At least it's under construction. Doing better than Bangkok Mall and the F1 track.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, connda said:

Just guessing, but I imagine it has a parking lot the size of a postage stamp?

Seems anywhere there's barely ample parking here it's not long before it's chipped away at for food and retail structures.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

next they will be getting the trains

and then maybe the track

and then the train drivers high on yaba, or lao khao, or those who insist that the brakes failed...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It is Chinese investment, finally China will take over for unpaid dept like in other countries who lost their properties to China.

Recent one is Malaysia, now spending 80% of its tax revenue is for paying loans.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douglasbulloch/2018/05/31/while-china-is-facing-its-own-debt-crisis-it-is-also-exacerbating-others/#4ddf2ddf3fc3

• Like 1

A post containing offensive miss spellings of Thailand's locations has been removed. 

Another post containing a disallowed reference to the PM has been removed, keep it up and a warning will be headed your way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Drove past this last week. It really is huge.

Wonder what they will do with Hualampong .......... a real landmark. Be a shame to see it go to seed or close.

If the rest of Bangkok is anything to go by, it’ll be a shopping mall a week after it closes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1