BANGKOK 17 November 2018 21:50

There are many Pattaya threads proclaiming the end of that fine city. I don't know, I only go there on weekends/holidays with wife and the buses are always packed, hotels always full and restaurants and malls bursting with quality tourists.

So, I took a bus to Hua Hin today. The bus barely showed up and when it did literally 4 people boarded it including me and my wife. I don't understand how on earth they made a profit on that ride. When we arrived at market village the place was full of kids, but the restaurants were almost empty. Miyazaki, which is usually full in Pattaya by 6pm was totally empty in Hua Hin. Even everyone's favorite Sizzler didn't fare much better.

The very nice Hotel near the mall also looked a bit deserted despite the low season prices.

The only action I saw was when I turned on the tv and saw Danaboutthailand doing a bit inside Hooters.

• Haha 1

We will be stopping in Hua Hin (or close by)  towards the end of the month on our return from the South, I have a feeling I will be calling into Father Teds - been told their food is good, so any TV members fancy a meet up ? I'll post again nearer the time as I don' know how long our trip South & back North is going to take . ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

We will be stopping in Hua Hin (or close by)  towards the end of the month on our return from the South, I have a feeling I will be calling into Father Teds - been told their food is good, so any TV members fancy a meet up ? I'll post again nearer the time as I don' know how long our trip South & back North is going to take . ?

Father Ted have decent food, and sorry to say not to many restaurants that I can pin out for you, but ther is decent food for decent prices. The good restaurants if often better in the high season also. I had a 2. Experience on the Nr one steak restaurant downtow, no naming, but I did let them know what I thought, and hope they have fixed that the next time I show up. 

Maybe the HH massive were intimidated. Scars carry weight

9 hours ago, Enoon said:

It will be like that.

The crowds will be Chinese.

Enjoy.

No it want, chineese is like brits, they go same place ?

just 10 min north, we had the beach for our self in High Season! 

• Like 1