BANGKOK 13 November 2018 09:30

On 10/31/2018 at 2:16 PM, zaZa9 said:

Just had tourist friends visit HH , and boy did they bag the place on return.

They complained of thousands of dead fish along the beach , dirty seas and a general  decline of the 'quarter ' that they had liked about 6 years back.

Just reporting ...

Dead fish is due to fresh water in the seawater, and it happens every rainseason. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1344140/tonnes-of-dead-fish-wash-up-on-hua-hin-beach

Dirty water is sand in the water washed up, also worse in the rainy season, due to wind rain waves etc. 

Every tourist place change by time 🤔

Hua HIn is still nr one all year around due to the weather, but high  seasons Thailand have better places yes. 

Most of the people who went there maybe were on overstay and deported  lol

On 11/2/2018 at 8:01 AM, Older and Wiser said:

I was at Venezia in Hua Hin a couple of days ago, not only was it almost deserted, all the shops except the one you are obliged to walk through at the entrance/exit were vacated and most of the restaurants too. Got to be closing soon. I don't understand their attitude, overpriced for foreigners, no promotions are any attempt to lure in customers, obviously given up.

There's a lack of foreigners around but Cha Am is always busy at weekends when the Thais come down. doesn't really help the businesses though as they bring their own food or eat and drink on the beach.

Hua Hin is one of my favorite places in Thailand. I am not a big fan of crowds, but I am surprised and a bit sad that it is quiet, even though November has arrived.

Could someone give me tips on a good and kind of cheap way to get to HH from the west side of BKK..near MRT Purple?  Last time I did van from VM..and that is no longer an option.  Mo Chit if I have to, but I hate to go in the opposite destination from my destination.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, moontang said:

Could someone give me tips on a good and kind of cheap way to get to HH from the west side of BKK..near MRT Purple?  Last time I did van from VM..and that is no longer an option.  Mo Chit if I have to, but I hate to go in the opposite destination from my destination.  Thanks!

What is your budget? 

Grab taxi about 2 400,-

«My» taxi driver 1 800,-

buss from airport 

280? 

Train about the same

There is no way I sit in a minivan again. Horrible crazy suicidel drivers is my experience. 

Would like to do it for a few hundred...even DM is kind of opposite direction..and heavy traffic both ways...would consider train from Bang Su, but years ago it was about 4 hours.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:05 PM, 55Jay said:

Sounds like a great time to visit, actually.

Sounds like the best time to visit to me