theoldgit

Supporting documents for all UK Visas to be digitally scanned from 15 June.

From 15 June all supporting documents for all categories of UK Visa will be scanned at either of the Visa Application Centres, this will now include applications for Standard Visit Visas, the originals will be returned to the applicant.

I don't know if this means that applications for Standard Visit Visas will be processed in New Delhi after that date, or it's a precursor for this happening.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/pdf/Scanning-Document.pdf

Makes sense. Sending original documents to New Delhi would be fraught with problems. I guess the application drop and biometrics at VFS will now take longer.

I've been told that the Bangkok based ECOs were given the choice of transferring to India or going back to work in Sheffield. None are being retained in Bangkok.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, OJAS said:

How soon, I wonder, before UKVI make a further announcement stating that all payments in connection with UK visa applications from Thailand will, in future, be made in Indian rupees rather than the US dollar???

Pay UK Visa's in US Dollars?

8 hours ago, OJAS said:

How soon, I wonder, before UKVI make a further announcement stating that all payments in connection with UK visa applications from Thailand will, in future, be made in Indian rupees rather than the US dollar???

Phut phut phut

This is indeed timely, thank you for the post, we're currently in the process of gathering documents for a two year visitor visa application which we'll submit in Chiang Mai mid. month!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think this going to lead to huge delays at VFS, we are submitting a VV application tomorrow, included as required,copy of sponsors passport  24 pages, bank statements for six months(2 accounts)17 pages, sponsors and applicants letters 2 pages, transfer of funds records 2 pages,skype call records 2 pages, plus about six or so misc pages as required.In total about 50 pages.Thats not counting the header sheets.

All of which are stated by the UK visa as essential documents to be included.Going by my work experience,we used to scan medical records, that will take at least half an hour to scan, not counting the time it takes when pages get stuck in the scanner.Also from experience of most scanners, it is not usual for the feed tray to pick up two pages at once and only actually scan one.

I just hope that the VFS staff are paying attention when they put the items through the scanner,as I can see pages going missing quite easily.

Just glad the application is tomorrow, would hate to be amongst the guinea pigs who are the first applicants under the new system 

Edited by CeeGee

2 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

I think this going to lead to huge delays at VFS, we are submitting a VV application tomorrow, included as required,copy of sponsors passport  24 pages, bank statements for six months(2 accounts)17 pages, sponsors and applicants letters 2 pages, transfer of funds records 2 pages,skype call records 2 pages, plus about six or so misc pages as required.In total about 50 pages.Thats not counting the header sheets.

All of which are stated by the UK visa as essential documents to be included.Going by my work experience,we used to scan medical records, that will take at least half an hour to scan, not counting the time it takes when pages get stuck in the scanner.Also from experience of most scanners, it is not usual for the feed tray to pick up two pages at once and only actually scan one.

I just hope that the VFS staff are paying attention when they put the items through the scanner,as I can see pages going missing quite easily.

If you're only applying for a visitors visa  and you've got 50 pages of supporting evidence you've misunderstood what is essential  and/or you may have overstated your case, the details are here: 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/549692/Visitor_Supporting_Documents_Guide_-_English_version.pdf

Regardless, scanning technology has moved on from what you may have known in the past, throughput speeds are quite quick.

• Like 2

I have been using scanners personally very recently and I speak from experience scanning four/six full medical records per day.

The bulk of the paperwork sent is made up of items specifically requested in their guidelines ie six months bank statements and copy of sponsors passport(full including blank pages).

I would love to send less documents but that is what they ask for when sponsoring a Visitor Visa.I would rather send 3/4 extra pages rather than have the ECO deny the visa saying one is missing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

Pay UK Visa's in US Dollars?

my wife has just filled in a tourist visa application, yes paid in dollars, dont expect it to do any good but i have contacted my MP about this as i think it sends the wrong message to anyone thinking of visiting or investing in the UK

The issue of charging for UK Visa applications from Thailand in US Dollars may defy logic, but has been discussed at length over the years, please don't derail this thread into another discussion on the issue and stick to the original topic.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CeeGee said:

I have been using scanners personally very recently and I speak from experience scanning four/six full medical records per day.

The bulk of the paperwork sent is made up of items specifically requested in their guidelines ie six months bank statements and copy of sponsors passport(full including blank pages).

I would love to send less documents but that is what they ask for when sponsoring a Visitor Visa.I would rather send 3/4 extra pages rather than have the ECO deny the visa saying one is missing.

After reading and re-reading the attached link in the OP, it seems to me that all that has really changed from a customer perspective is that supporting documents now need to be grouped in VFS's prefered fashion and that each group needs to be separated by a specific bar code page or separator. That doesn't seem too onerous, especially since we are still at liberty to supply A4 copies of those documents which will make for a single and neat stack of A4 paper.

I don't know what others do but I compile a single sheet attachment to my sponsor/partner letter which lists the documents we have provided and the number of pages of each one and I reference this in my cover letter - doing that confirms the number of pages submitted etc. since everything is cross-referenced.

• Like 1

Whilst we are talking about it , am I the only person who finds the following questions in the application form totally inane ?

I mean....just how many miscreants have they snagged with these questions ?

' Yes...I was formally a front wheeling member of ISIS but I have put that all behind me and am now a member of the Salvation Army . I hope this will not prejudice my application . ( the sally army bit I mean )

bandicam 2018-06-05 21-08-52-697.jpg

• Like 1