Jump to content
BANGKOK 16 October 2018 18:10

Recommended Posts

On 6/9/2018 at 12:03 AM, Beechboy said:

These girls are generally and genuinely very hard up.

 

Usually, they have smartphones that cost 10k+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, for us who is still here, it just mean we are better to suck it up, live with it! It doesnt mean Thailand is perfect!

Suck it up or learned to function at a high level in Thai culture.  I don't suck it up I do fine.  I'm thinking about giving lessons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 7:19 AM, cgphuket said:

You feel its your birthright to live in a poor country and the local girls are obligated to come offer you free sex.   

Free sex? Like as in not with a prostitute? Is it your opinion that every sexual relationship in Thailand is a transaction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 6:15 PM, samsensam said:

 

who are '

 

who are ' these girls'?; do you mean lower class, lower educated girls working in, or on the edge of, the sex industry? or are you generalising that all thai girls need money?

 

i dont understand the bubble that some foreigners live in here, they don't seem to know anything about thailand, thais or thai culture.

 

every thai girl/woman i have dated has had an education, a career, an apartment, usually a car or even two, plenty of money and they certainly didnt date me for financial gain. this is not boastfulness, this is, for me, normality and it makes me a normal person - it doesn't make me 'ignorant or having a self-satiating attitude'.

 

 

Ive never dated a girl in the hope of free sex. Whats the point this is Thailand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Free sex? Like as in not with a prostitute? Is it your opinion that every sexual relationship in Thailand is a transaction?

Every honest one...Yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 3:57 PM, bermannor said:

He asked where you read not what you read!

What is a lobby?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Free sex? Like as in not with a prostitute? Is it your opinion that every sexual relationship in Thailand is a transaction?

Todays 'red rag to a bull' post of the day award goes to...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soistalker said:

Free sex? Like as in not with a prostitute? Is it your opinion that every sexual relationship in Thailand is a transaction?

Why limit your comment to Thailand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...Thailand is a transactional culture/society, so every service creates obligations and counter-obligations. Money is acceptable payment in Thai culture for most transactions. It's just the way it is.

 

Those who don't, or won't, recognise their obligations (e.g. free sex with no obligations) are either bludging off society or are so up themselves they don't give a sh%t about anyone else.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Well...Thailand is a transactional culture/society, so every service creates obligations and counter-obligations. Money is acceptable payment in Thai culture for most transactions. It's just the way it is.

 

Those who don't, or won't, recognise their obligations (e.g. free sex with no obligations) are either bludging off society or are so up themselves they don't give a sh%t about anyone else.

I googled transactional culture and get nothing relevant.  Where did you get the term and definition? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try transactional relationships/society or similar. I pulled the following quotes after a few minutes googling:

 

A transactional relationship is a relationship where both (or all) parties are in it for themselves, and where partners do things for each other with the expectation of reciprocation. 

 

Cutting across rural and national strata [in Thailand] is the system of patron- client relationships that ties specific households or individuals together as long as both patron and client sees benefits in the arrangement. In many respects, the dynamics of political and economic life are comprehensible only in terms of patron-client relations or, in western terms, transactions.

 

Transactional sex (common in Sub-Sahara Africa and SE Asian countries) refers to sexual relationships where the giving of gifts or services is an important factor. Transactional sex implies that the exchange of gifts for sex includes a broader set of (usually non-marital) obligations that do not necessarily involve a predetermined payment or gift, but where there is a definite motivation to benefit materially from the sexual exchange.[1] The participants do not necessarily frame themselves in terms of prostitutes/clients, but often as girlfriends/boyfriends.[2][3] Those offering sex may or may not feel affection for their partners.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

What county is not “transactional”

At surface level = the one's with no freedom.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Try transactional relationships/society or similar. I pulled the following quotes after a few minutes googling:

 

A transactional relationship is a relationship where both (or all) parties are in it for themselves, and where partners do things for each other with the expectation of reciprocation. 

 

Cutting across rural and national strata [in Thailand] is the system of patron- client relationships that ties specific households or individuals together as long as both patron and client sees benefits in the arrangement. In many respects, the dynamics of political and economic life are comprehensible only in terms of patron-client relations or, in western terms, transactions.

 

Transactional sex (common in Sub-Sahara Africa and SE Asian countries) refers to sexual relationships where the giving of gifts or services is an important factor. Transactional sex implies that the exchange of gifts for sex includes a broader set of (usually non-marital) obligations that do not necessarily involve a predetermined payment or gift, but where there is a definite motivation to benefit materially from the sexual exchange.[1] The participants do not necessarily frame themselves in terms of prostitutes/clients, but often as girlfriends/boyfriends.[2][3] Those offering sex may or may not feel affection for their partners.

Basically how a guy feels about sex before the PC indoctrination course. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Suck it up or learned to function at a high level in Thai culture.  I don't suck it up I do fine.  I'm thinking about giving lessons. 

Interesting please eloborate your idea, so we can understand, how you think giving lessons will be helpfull. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×