Jump to content
Thai Visa Downtime 23/9/2018 10pm - 4am Read more... ×
eljuwa

Problem With Grab Taxi

Recommended Posts

I am a regular and happy/satisfied user of Grab Taxi. I was approved for Grab Pay. Utilized Grab Pay for my last 10 trips.

On 8 June I successfully completed a Grab Pay trip for 68 baht from my home to the Loi Kroh area, Chiang Mai. In the AM. My bank was charged and I received my Grab invoice.. On my return trip on 8 June, I booked Grab Car for 68 baht under Grab Pay. In the early PM. The driver picked me up. At my destination, the driver wanted 68 baht in cash. I said that I am on Grab Pay. He said OK and that he will report this to the Call Center. In the afternoon, I received a message from Grab stating that 68 baht is required. To credit their account at Kasikorn Bank. If I do not, my account will be suspended. Please see attached file. I immediately credited the Grab account at Kasikorn Bank around 3 PM.

Since that time I have tried to book a ride on Grab. Unsuccessfuly. I enter the details and Grab searches for a driver. Does not finalize the trip.

I tried removing the app and then introducing Grab again. Does not work. All my profile details, history are there. I also tried using a different e-mail address with no success. But, my account appears to be suspended. It is extremely difficult to contact Grab on line. I left messages under "problems/issues"...No answer.

I like Grab and I wish to get this matter resolved.

Any guidance/advice from the Forum.

Thanks

James

GRAB.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only sympathize, elijuwa. Cannot offer any advice, because I too have had some similar payment difficulties with Grab.  In my Grab account, I have my credit card noted as my "primary" payment option.  Most of the time it works fine at the conclusion of the ride.  But, I have had three rides when, at the conclusion of the ride, the driver asked for cash.  The first two times, the drivers seemed concerned that the app had not charged the card as it was supposed to.  The third, and most recent time, the driver was quite bothered and adamant that I had "done something wrong" when selecting the ride to start with. 

 

In each instance, of course, I paid the driver cash.  Minutes after that third and last ride, I received a phone called from a Grab service person, stating that it was my fault because I "selected cash payment" at the beginning of booking the ride.  No amount of my saying to her that I did not, and that the credit card is logged as "primary" payment, would do.  Nor could/would she answer why it worked properly so many other times.  In her view I was at fault.  This has only happened 3 times, but clearly something is amiss.  I think I probably have used Grab for the last time - bemoaning the loss of Uber, along with many others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact them via Twitter or email and explain the situation. Easy people to work with who are happy to help and I know from experience - I've dealt with them directly before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, i never have such problems with local tuk-tuk drivers.  IMO, way over- reliance on stupid stupidphone apps feeding money into rich guys in USA is a major headache for many.  No sympathy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pronto2 said:

I can only sympathize, elijuwa. Cannot offer any advice, because I too have had some similar payment difficulties with Grab.  In my Grab account, I have my credit card noted as my "primary" payment option.  Most of the time it works fine at the conclusion of the ride.  But, I have had three rides when, at the conclusion of the ride, the driver asked for cash.  The first two times, the drivers seemed concerned that the app had not charged the card as it was supposed to.  The third, and most recent time, the driver was quite bothered and adamant that I had "done something wrong" when selecting the ride to start with. 

 

In each instance, of course, I paid the driver cash.  Minutes after that third and last ride, I received a phone called from a Grab service person, stating that it was my fault because I "selected cash payment" at the beginning of booking the ride.  No amount of my saying to her that I did not, and that the credit card is logged as "primary" payment, would do.  Nor could/would she answer why it worked properly so many other times.  In her view I was at fault.  This has only happened 3 times, but clearly something is amiss.  I think I probably have used Grab for the last time - bemoaning the loss of Uber, along with many others.

 

I find it reverts me to cash if I open the Grab App at a time when I have no data connection or phone signal and it can't properly connect me to the servers. This has caught me out a few times because like you I have credit card as the first option and expect it to be charged there. I have developed the habit of checking part way though the trip what method is selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Man, i never have such problems with local tuk-tuk drivers.  IMO, way over- reliance on stupid stupidphone apps feeding money into rich guys in USA is a major headache for many.  No sympathy. 

Me either.

 

No problems except near death experiences crunched down in a loud, smelly, vehicle with a driver who says he doesn't have change for that bill. 

 

When you have a Grab driver you like, get his/her phone number and deal directly with him/her next times.  

Works for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, atecom said:

I find it reverts me to cash if I open the Grab App at a time when I have no data connection or phone signal and it can't properly connect me to the servers. This has caught me out a few times because like you I have credit card as the first option and expect it to be charged there. I have developed the habit of checking part way though the trip what method is selected.

Thanks very much, atecom.  Good information, and it may well be the cause of my difficulties as well.  I'll take your suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Man, i never have such problems with local tuk-tuk drivers.  IMO, way over- reliance on stupid stupidphone apps feeding money into rich guys in USA is a major headache for many.  No sympathy. 

 

7823ABB3-BDDE-4DC3-8F11-188710F456EC.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 23 September 2018 06:05
Sponsors
×