webfact

Bangkok among the cheapest cities for expats to relocate to, new study claims

Luckily my job paid my expense to travel and work in USA, Europe and Asia. If anyone thinks Bangkok is an expensive city to live in then I feel for them. Yes other Thailand cities are cheaper but I cannot tell you one big city outside of India  that is cheaper. I know some may exist but the point is from a world viewpoint Bangkok is a bargain for rent, entertainment, insurance, paid medical care, utilities and food if you eat Asian food and fruits and vegetables. 

On 6/13/2018 at 12:43 PM, observer90210 said:

Very doubtful that [fine] wine afficionados,  would agree with this lovely new survey....

I dont know about that. I thought everyone in Pattaya was an expert on wines.......or was it wine'os? Let me think abut that

On 6/14/2018 at 2:05 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Many seemed to have overlooked Bangkok's ranking and only remembered the headline. BKK ranked a lowly 62nd out of 80 in-demand cities in  terms of initial costs. So there are 61 other cities cheaper to move to. At least that's the way I read this feature. But one can never be sure about anything in Bangkok  newspaper reports.

It's the opposite.

It is a listing from the most expensive down to the cheapest.

The cheapest is Cairo, #80.

So Bangkok is the 19th cheapest out of the 80 cities listed.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1