Thaivisa Web Content Team

US politician pepper sprays himself in call to end school shootings

A US Congress candidate has pepper sprayed himself to demonstrate how teachers could protect against school shootings if they had "non-lethal defence tools in every classroom".

Levi Tillemann, a Democrat candidate in Colorado, says there needs to be legislation to protect children in schools.

"I am calling on congress to pass legislation to place secure a can of high-power pepper spray inside a 'break glass in case of emergency' box in every classroom in the country and train teachers how to use this powerful self-defence tool," he said.

"These boxes should be wired into the school's fire alarms, to help ensure that they are only used in true emergencies."

In a video posted on his YouTube channel, Mr Tillemann voluntarily sprayed himself in the eye with pepper spray.

"It's incredibly painful, and now I just can't see anything," he said.

It's just unbearable, it's like lava in your eyes."

No solution is perfect, but this will save lives, Mr Tillemann said on his official website.

Full article

Worth consideration I suppose. What is the range and accuracy of those things?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Like this idiot, spray yourself in the eyes and the shooter will be laughing too hard to shoot anyone. 

• Haha 1

I wonder if anyone actually thought pepper-spray wasn't effective before seeing this idiot spray himself:closedeyes:

• Haha 1

Well, his name is out there anyway.

It's a bit of a daft idea but much less daft than arming teachers with GUNS. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Worth consideration I suppose. What is the range and accuracy of those things?

Range?

Around 2 meter for the amateur ones, up to 15 meter for the big professional ones.

Accuracy?

Depends on the nerves of the user.

So any shooting done by a distance greater as 2 or 15 meter doesn't stop.

Teachers are NOT special forces...those who think so aren't thinking at all.  They are NOT police. If an active shooter is present they will duck and cover and/or run like hell, so would I if I had only pepper spray (that has to be retrieved from a lock box!  Sounds like a moron thought from the commander of cheese, Private Bonespur, a phony not-tough guy who only talks the talk.

Posted (edited)

What an idiot.  Really.  Why not self-flagellate while he's at it. 

"No solution is perfect, but this will save lives, Mr Tillemann said on his official website. "

I doubt that seriously, but the rubes that support the guy will send him campaign contributions.  How immensely daft.  But he is a politician.  The bar is set extremely low.

index.jpg.5221a4f8b9dd3d3c7bc8d5a15378e9eb.jpg

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Well, I'll give him a nod for having the stones to back up his talk. 

I've never done pepper spray but have been hit with and been in tear gas in both controlled and uncontrolled environments, and man, even that stuff will get your attention really quickly.