BANGKOK 18 November 2018 21:39
drjmagic

Tourist visa TO Canada by Thai national

4 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Did your TGF own any property/house/condo or other large value assets in Thailand prior to obtaining the visa? If she did, were the ownership documents presented to the embassy?

Yes and yes.

I should also mention that all the flights, hotels, cruise etc were booked in her name, using her credit card. 

Several million bhts, property, prior visa to the US, an unusually  expensive trip all paid for in advance.... Ummm I think it's safe to say that that's kinda what did the trick.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Csaw said:

Several million bhts, property, prior visa to the US, an unusually  expensive trip all paid for in advance.... Ummm I think it's safe to say that that's kinda what did the trick.

Yes, the embassy need to be pretty sure that she's gonna return to Thailand before granting a visa and, for her, this is the most efficient way to convince them. No point in beating about the bush!

Has anyones girlfriend who is still a University student got a Canada's tourist visa? We are planning a 2 weeks trip for next Summer. She dont work or own a property but her parents are giving her 20k Baht monthly allowance and her bank account balance would be around 100 000+ at the time of the application.

I am a permanent residence in Canada and would write an invitation that I will cover her expences when in Canada but she would pay for her own ticket. We would also get a letter from the Uni stating what she is studying and that after the summer break she have one more year to go until graduation.

Seems like a straight forward proccess but after reading other people experiences Im kind of worries that her visa will get denied.