drjmagic

Tourist visa TO Canada by Thai national

Hi

Does anyone have recent (past year or so) experience in obtaining a tourist visa to Canada by a Thai national. I would like my 48 year old Thai girlfriend to visit my home in Canada. She hands a house and a college aged son but no regular job. I am wondering what roadblocks might prevent her from getting a tourist visa and how to get around these.

Any info or suggestions are appreciated.

Pete

I helped my Thai girlfriend get her visa about 18 months ago. It's not a simple application like Schengen; it's more complicated than even USA or UK. She got her visa; almost five years (it expires along with her passport).

I think your girlfriend’s biggest hurdle will be the fact that you are, I assume, Canadian and live in Canada. This fact will raise concerns about whether or not your girlfriend will return to Thailand.

Any ideas on how I can allay these concerns ?

How long did the process take?

Thanks

Pete

4 hours ago, drjmagic said:

Any ideas on how I can allay these concerns ?

How long did the process take?

Thanks

Pete

She will have to convince the the decision maker that, on the balance of probabilities, she will return to Thailand at the end of her visit. It sounds like that may be a difficulty for her since you, her boyfriend, live in Canada and she has no job in Thailand. Not easy.

I don’t think there will be much of a waiting time for an appointment for Canada; the day we went to submit her application it was very quiet. My girlfriend thinks her passport was returned about two weeks later.

You may find that completing the application is the most time consuming part of the exercise!

Good luck!