webfact

Antarctic thaw quickens, trillions of tonnes of ice raise sea levels

now you're claiming you don't use the internet for your information. Not believable.

Because I never said that, or anything even close. You're just making that up.

I said I try not to rely on climate websites, but on published scientific research, which can also often be found online. I don't know if you're capable of understanding the distinction.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RickBradford said:

I said I try not to rely on climate websites, but on published scientific research, which can also often be found online. I don't know if you're capable of understanding the distinction.

So you try not to rely on climate websites?, Does that mean sometimes you fail and do rely on them? So why not share some links to the ones your attempts at not relying on failed 

And  why not share those links to "published scientific research which can also be found online"? Maybe you're trying to avoid sharing them and we will just have to wait for you to fail at that also? 

Do you realize how feeble your claims are in the face your continued failure to provide any links to these sites?

Edited by bristolboy

^^

I really don't know why you think I should be doing your research for you, unless you are used to having everything placed on a platter for you. Just so you don't leave empty-handed, here's one article regarding global cooling from 1968:

The abstract ends : "Since 1940, the effect of the rapid rise of atmospheric turbidity appears to have exceeded the effect of rising carbon dioxide, resulting in a rapid downward trend of temperature. There is no indication that these trends will be reversed, and there is some reason to believe that man-made pollution will have an increased effect in the future."

This was one of the premier issues discussed at the AAAS symposium on climate of the same year, and at the later Bonn conference.

And so you don't have to overstrain yourself, here is a link to the entire paper.

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-94-010-3290-2_14

No further correspondence on this subject will be entered into.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bristolboy said:

And why should Connelly's editing of Wikipedia effect a discussion of the facts about global warming? 

Facts?  The point is that what is being discussed here is not fact!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, kwilco said:

Why would you want to  publicly air your ignorance n this topic is beyond me.....to trybe and ignore some of the biggest science, chemistry etc and blame  it on stats just reveals how hopeless out of touch you are.

Given that no one is answering my question as to what can be done about it that would work and would not penalise the poorest, I can only assume that no one knows, and are relying on statistics to publish erroneous information designed to make people accept new taxes. I consider 99% to be erroneous, as there is no way they actually asked every climate scientist, including the ones that don't agree that it's man made or man influenced.

People would make a better case if they didn't resort to personal insults.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that no one is answering my question as to what can be done about it that would work and would not penalise the poorest, I can only assume that no one knows, and are relying on statistics to publish erroneous information designed to make people accept new taxes. I consider 99% to be erroneous, as there is no way they actually asked every climate scientist, including the ones that don't agree that it's man made or man influenced.

People would make a better case if they didn't resort to personal insults.

QED

On 6/14/2018 at 10:17 AM, rudi49jr said:

Ok, I will take you up on that. Many people seem to have absolutely no idea what they're talking about when it comes to climate change. Like I said, 99% of climate researchers are 99% sure that we are destroying the planet that we live on. I'm no expert on that, but it seems to me that it's at least somewhat ignorant to dismiss what these people have to say. See where I'm going with that?

Most people that know what they are talking about are dishonest fraudsters.  The only people you can trust are those that are proud of their ignorance.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 2:01 AM, RickBradford said:

As there is no scientific research that supports your view, one has to question your ability to assets or interpret what you find.

Edited by kwilco
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, kwilco said:

As there is no scientific research that supports your view, one has to question your ability to assets or interpret what you find.

What "view" are you referring to?

1 hour ago, RickBradford said:

What "view" are you referring to?

You don't believe  in man made global climate change.....did you forget?

3 minutes ago, kwilco said:

You don't believe  in man made global climate change.....did you forget?

That's not my view on climate change at all.

You have no idea about my views on climate change.

Furthermore, you're not interested in my views on climate change - it's far easier for you just to lob mindless stinkbombs around and pretend that you're contributing to a debate.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2018 at 10:04 AM, BritManToo said:

But are we responsible?, Is it significant?, and can we change anything even if we wanted?

Do I care if sea level rises 2cm every 10 years? Not really.

Does it matter if global temperature rises 2c in the next 100 years?, Can't see a problem myself.

What are the immediate consequences? Scaremongers using it to make money & manipulate fools IMHO.

Well i have done some work here after cyclone nargis killed 138000 or so people in Myanmar so I have seen some possible reason for concern. I think it does effect some people and especially where I live in Myanmar.  The intensity of natural disaster events has increased.

Remember the big hurricane is US texa and Puerto rico etc last year.

Thats an example here. So these many factors all taken together have a costly effect.

And without a lot of money for aid it turns very nasty indeed and all that aid has to come from somewhere.

https://frontiermyanmar.net/en/landslides-flash-floods-as-monsoon-batters-southern-myanmar

13 hours ago, RickBradford said:

That's not my view on climate change at all.

You have no idea about my views on climate change.

Furthermore, you're not interested in my views on climate change - it's far easier for you just to lob mindless stinkbombs around and pretend that you're contributing to a debate

Good ....fancy that .. a denier who denies he's a denier? Must bebe fforce of habit.

I must confess I enjoy taking the

mickey out of your vacuous comments, hollow windbags as they are.

Perhaps you'd like to lay out your stance on  climate change, it would seem you have either changed your position....about time too... or just enjoy pointless gainsaying.

Actually on second thoughts don't bother, it's much more fun deriding your stream of pseudo-intellectual nonsense as it appears ....

PS only a complete loon these days would think there is actually still a debate about climate change.

Edited by kwilco
  • Haha 1