BANGKOK 11 December 2018 07:48
Stubby

Clean Air Conditioning

Good morning, forum.

I need someone to come to my pad and clean a couple of air conditioning units. I made two appointments last month and no one turned up so I won't chase them again. I'm in the Mae Hia area of CM. Any recommendations much appreciated.

Best regards,

Stubby

I can't make a recommendation for your area but I can give a warning/suggestion of sorts.

I discovered the water in my commode's  water tank looked like this when I lifted the lid to put in those discs that turn the water blue.   Cleaning the tank was on my to do list but the aircon  cleaner guys came before I got to the tank.

toilet.thumb.jpg.8ae6a1c5fb316033323619b53b87f86c.jpg

When the aircon cleaners came here I discovered they used the water from the tank to clean the first aircon unit.    I managed to  prevent them from doing the same to the second unit.

You really should keep an eye on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

When the aircon cleaners came here I discovered they used the water from the tank to clean the first aircon unit.    I managed to  prevent them from doing the same to the second unit.

Thanks, Watcharacters. It's why I asked for recommendations. You're right, you do have to keep an eye on some folks ? One of my units started to drip water onto the floor. It's my guess that it needs a good cleaning but this year the condo guys don't seem interested. They usually charge 500B per unit, and I can only assume they do a professional job. They do take everything to bits and use lots of water, but I'm no expert. Hopefully, someone will come back with a number at some point. I assume most folks don't clean their own systems.

Stubby

Call Charlie at ‭082-766-0426‬. Extremely experienced and can clean, service and install. When he last cleaned my units he noticed the original “factory trained” installers had not properly grounded the compressors and took care of that problem as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

081 131 9183

Cleaned a number of  aircons for us and fitted a couple of ceiling fans etc.

• Thanks 1

JeffandGop, Thailand, thank you both very much.

I'll give them a call in that order and see who can oblige ? Whoever does the job, I'll come back and update after the work  is done ? 

Cheers,

Stubby

Hi Folks,

OK, so I called the first suggestion by JeffandGop. Charlie speaks great English so there were no communication issues from the outset. He's just this minute left. One of my units was particularly dirty going by the filth that came out. Very professional service so I can definitely recommend and will use again.

Cheers,

Stubby 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I have always cleaned our air con units myself.

Dead easy. First turn off the electric power. Take out the nylon filters, clean the dust away with a brush, rinse with cold water and dry with a cloth.

Get a feather duster and dust inside the units areas that can be reached. Put the filters back and then wipe clean the outside with a damp cloth and a touch of washing up liquid.

That`s all there is to it.

i have not been impressed with people that have come to clean the aircons.   just wondering though, what

are they using the water for (that they spray inside the units) if a feather duster would be enough ?

Outside compressors easy enough to spray myself with a hose....

5 hours ago, rumak said:

i have not been impressed with people that have come to clean the aircons.   just wondering though, what

are they using the water for (that they spray inside the units) if a feather duster would be enough ?

Outside compressors easy enough to spray myself with a hose....

5 years ago I bought a new air con unit. Part of the deal was that the store would send out a so-called technician after 6 months to service the unit.

4 men arrived on my doorstep to service the unit. I watched what they done with interest and what they done was exactly how I described in my post, only they seemed to require 4 men for the job.They did not go near the outside compressor. All completed within 10 minutes. After that I just repeated the same process they did. Why they would spray water inside the unit, beats me.

As for the compressor, I`ve never touch it and not had any problems.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Niyom Phanich, the electrical superstore between Airport Mall and the moat offer an air con cleaning service, about 500 baht per unit. Located next to the Toyota dealer.

Edited by simoh1490
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

5 years ago I bought a new air con unit. Part of the deal was that the store would send out a so-called technician after 6 months to service the unit.

4 men arrived on my doorstep to service the unit. I watched what they done with interest and what they done was exactly how I described in my post, only they seemed to require 4 men for the job.They did not go near the outside compressor. All completed within 10 minutes. After that I just repeated the same process they did. Why they would spray water inside the unit, beats me.

As for the compressor, I`ve never touch it and not had any problems.

Maybe just once you should call one of the services that are recommended here after you have done your cleaning.

Stand back and watch all the gunk that comes our of your a/c.  That's why they spray water. 

• Like 1

065  527 1768

He did an excellent job. Sprayed the units to get the gunk out and made sure all the mess fell outside.

I have all mine cleaned  every 6 months and it is amazing how much think it's in there despot the fact that I clean the coarse filters monthly. After cleaning they are so much more efficient. Worth every satang.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:13 AM, watcharacters said:

I can't make a recommendation for your area but I can give a warning/suggestion of sorts.

I discovered the water in my commode's  water tank looked like this when I lifted the lid to put in those discs that turn the water blue.   Cleaning the tank was on my to do list but the aircon  cleaner guys came before I got to the tank.

toilet.thumb.jpg.8ae6a1c5fb316033323619b53b87f86c.jpg

Regardless of who is coming to your place to fix anything, you should always have both eyes on them. 

• Like 1