BANGKOK 21 November 2018 17:49
webfact

Signature campaign for convenience stores and malls to charge for plastic bags

Signature campaign for convenience stores and malls to charge for plastic bags

By Thai PBS

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM6GwPn7pXEliBdnoIfS9fvcWI

A campaign is being launched in the social media through change.org web page to demand major convenience stores to charge their customers for the single-use plastic bags in a bid to cut back plastic trash.

So far, 5,000 netizens have signed up the campaign to urge 7-Eleven, Lotus, Big C convenience stores and major shopping malls like Central and The Mall groups to charge their customers for the use of plastic bags.

Mr Korawit Buranakit, one of the initiators of the campaign, said Thursday that Thailand ranks the world’s Number 6 country for releasing plastic trash into the sea, posing a serious threat to marine lives and the environment.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/signature-campaign-launched-convenience-stores-malls-charge-plastic-bags-customers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-06-15
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Since I came to Thailand I waste more and more plastic, I get plastic bags everywhere, even for a straw.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Remember when Tesco tried eliminating giving bags? It resulted in less business, so they reverted back. They won't be making that same mistake again. Thais love their free bags. 

Edited by inThailand
  • Like 2