BANGKOK 18 November 2018 21:10

Yes, it's available in Thailand at major pharmacies, but, as you'll probably know, it's expensive. I usually buy the generic pregabalin online from India.

Available and does nto require a prescription. Lyrica brand is an import and very expensive. There are 2 locally made generic equivalents that cost less:

Lybalin

Toprelin

My online supplier of Pregabalin (Lyrica) from India isn't responding to my emails now so I am assuming they have gone out of business. Searching the internet for Pregabalin brings up many results but they almost always require a prescription. Living in Thailand one doesn't normally get a prescription. Consequently I am now looking for another supplier here in Thailand. Sheryl has indicated that there are two generics available in Thailand but I haven't found a pharmacy yet that knows of either of them nor can bother to take the time to find a supplier. 

Would anybody know of a source for generic pregabalin? I live near Pattaya but would be able to travel.  Regards, bahtboy.

4 hours ago, bahtboy said:

My online supplier of Pregabalin (Lyrica) from India isn't responding to my emails now so I am assuming they have gone out of business. Searching the internet for Pregabalin brings up many results but they almost always require a prescription. Living in Thailand one doesn't normally get a prescription. Consequently I am now looking for another supplier here in Thailand. Sheryl has indicated that there are two generics available in Thailand but I haven't found a pharmacy yet that knows of either of them nor can bother to take the time to find a supplier. 

Would anybody know of a source for generic pregabalin? I live near Pattaya but would be able to travel.  Regards, bahtboy.

There are now more than 2 on the market.

The drugs you are looking for are:

Lybalin distributed by Biopharm tel.png Tel: (+66) 2258 8888, (+66) 2258

Nervica distributed by Medline Tel: (+66) 2026 3138

Pebarin dstributed by Siam Pharmecuticals   tel.png Tel: (+66) 2625 9999

Toprelin distributed by T.O. Chemicals   tel.png Tel: (+66) 2275 6053 -9, (+66) 2277 4141, (+66) 2277 0187, (+66) 2693 1687 -94

To start with I suggest you take this specific names to the main Fascino pharmacy in North Pattaya. If they are unable to supply any of these ask them to order it, usually possible (they will be getting deliveries regularly from some of these distributors anyhow) if you guarantee to purchase a specific amount. You will need to discuss this with person in charge, not just person behind the counter.

If that fails have a Thai speaker call these pharmacies in Bangkok:

1.Roong Roj Pharmacy, Soi Onnut (Sukhumvit 77) about 75 m in from Sukhumvit on right hand side  Tel   02 311 2720

https://th-th.facebook.com/รุ่งโรจน์เภสัช-Rungroj-Pharmacy-บางขุนเทียน-142299316206160/

It is a very, very busy place so may have to persevere in getting them on the line.

2. South East Pharmacy Sukhumvit Road. near Soi 15  tel 02 252-8241.

https://www.facebook.com/SEPharmacy/

If that also fails call the distributors above and ask for names of pharmacies they have supplied to.

If you are willing to buy say 6 months to a year supply in advance some distributors will sell to you directly which is of course even cheaper.

• Like 1

Thanks Sheryl. You've come up trumps again. What would this thaivisa forum do without you? I'll be going to Fascino tomorrow, and if they can't help I'll take the steps you advise. 

• Like 1

I am taking it at present but don't know how long I will have to take it for, I'm taking it for "fiery feet" seems it is to do with my type 2 diebetis and I get this hot feeling in both my feet which drives me crazy, however since taking this drug along with more vitamin C it has improved no end, but I really don't want to be on yet another drug long term.

What are you guys using it for?

I am using it for neuropathic pain caused by a bone spur which has formed in my neck. I had a cervical disc removed 15 years ago and a piece of bone from my hip was inserted where the disc used to be. The wound site is apparently being "protected" by my body producing a calcium build up round the site of that wound. I really need further surgery to remove the bone spur, and Sheryl gave me the name of perhaps the best doctor in Bangkok several years ago. I am putting off further surgery as long as I can and the pregabalin is helping me. It also helps to give me a really good sleep!

Posted (edited)

Update....I went into Fascino North Pattaya and the counter assistants were not very helpful and seemed resentful when I asked to see the manager. Eventually a young guy in a white coat came along and I explained what I needed. He too was unhelpful, saying that he could not order a drug specially even though I was prepared to place a big order and I am one of their Gold card holders. Total apathy....I walked out.

I came home and found the emails of both Biopharm and T.O. Chemicals, and emailed them. After 3 working days I still haven't received a reply....no surprise there then! It is Thailand after all!

Today I went to three different pharmacies in Jomtien where I live. Of the first two, one had Lybalin at a price of 2960 baht for a box of 56 tablets 75mg. The second didn't have any. The third pharmacy also didn't have any but one of the assistants telephoned her boss and advised me that she couldn't give me a price there and then but would call me later in the day. She did call and advised me that a box of 56 tablets 75mg. would be 1500 baht. I went back there and paid for 2 boxes which I am told will arrive tomorrow, and she will call me when they arrive.

Why, oh why, can't schools or companies teach their students/employees the importance of customer service? Even though the order I have placed is more than I had hoped to pay, I would have placed the order just because somebody was prepared to go a little bit further to try and help. Education in Thailand seems to be a joke! Nb. I asked the brand of the drug and she told me it was made by Sandoz, a name which I am familiar with.

It's only fair to give a plug to the pharmacy which provided the best service. It's NOWZDRUGS on soi Chaiyaphreuk, Jomtien. Tel 084-677-1749. Coming from Jomtien Beach Road, up Chaiyaphreuk and across Second Road, about 200 metres up towards Sukhumvit Road, on the right hand side.

My next step, if today's excursions were to have proven unsuccessful, would have been to get on the bus to Bangkok and visit the pharmacies which Sheryl had mentioned. I would rather have done that than telephone. So that journey is unnecessary and I've saved the bus fare and a full day. 

Once again, Sheryl, many thanks for your help.

If anybody should find a supplier of pregabalin at a better price, would they please either post here or pm me. Thanks, bahtboy.

Edited by bahtboy
Added plug for the pharmacy which went the extra mile.