theguyfromanotherforum

Is Pattaya the real Thailand?

Because Pattaya was created to cater for tourists.... those tourists also have a particular agenda for the most part, the town was created from a R&R pitstop. A winning formula that has lined the pockets of many many people.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Pattaya is certainly different but it is as real as anywhere else in Thailand,.

• Like 2

The thing I find interesting about expats in Thailand is that their views on any national issue are nearly always based solely on what they see around them. Ask any expat what's the state of the Thai economy or unemployment levels and the answers of say Pattaya man will probably be 180 degrees off those of Bangkok or Chiang Mai man. Ask about the nature of Thai people and rural Issan man will probably they are lazy and have no work ethic whilst Northern expat man will cite successful Chinese/Thai work ethics and say they are very industrious. 

So is Pattaya the real Thailand? For those expats that live there it is, although the locals know differently!

• Like 2

Is Pattaya the real Thailand? 

A better question is Pattaya a sustainable city in the direction it's going right now? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BestB said:

Pattaya brings out real

Thainess from Thai people .

Back in the village they can not show their true self, however once in Pattaya , no one to worry about and real self comes out .

One could say Pattaya attracts certain kind, which may well be true but there are too many of this kind and that kind seem to outweigh any other kind 

You could substitute many nationalities for Thai in this observation and would ring true.

Thailand is mostly Buddhist, and part of that is that this world is illusion, Maya. There is no real Thailand, UK, Russia, etc. It's what your mind makes it

is that real 1920 Thailand or real 2018 Thailand or real 1750 Thailand, i dont think it matters what year life in the village will be different to life in the city. just my take on it. 

• Like 1