Thaivisa Web Content Team

We are doing so much cocaine that eels in our rivers are totally wired

Cocaine pollution in our rivers is making eels hyperactive, with drugs from our urine meaning eels may be too high to reproduce.

Even low levels of the drug are enough to affect eels, the researchers found – and make eels so hyperactive they’re at risk of serious injury.

Cocaine is widely found in rivers, with particularly high concentrations near London’s Houses of Parliament, National Geographic reports.

Anne Capaldo of the University of Naples Federico II in Italy studied endangered European eels – and found that tiny amounts affected them.

The researchers kept 150 eels in tanks, some with a low level of cocaine (just 20 nanograms per litre).

The eels in the tanks with cocaine swam noticeably faster, and when dissected 50 days later, they showed damage to their skeletal muscle, used for swimming.

Full article

• Haha 2

and in a twist of events the molecular structure retained in the eels is being used to match users  to DNA samples kept on record.

• Haha 1

Sounds like they’re using South Park’s Jimbo and Ned’s “thinning out the numbers” theory. Let the eels have some fun and stop worrying  lol. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, wombat said:

and in a twist of events the molecular structure retained in the eels is being used to match users  to DNA samples kept on record.

Which is about as believable as the "article" what about soaps, cleaning agents, shampoos, legal pharmaceuticals etc, why aren't they "foaming at the mouth" 

Edited by CGW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'eels in our rivers are totally wired' Electric eels?😉

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

The eels in the tanks with cocaine swam noticeably faster

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by thaiguzzi

Is blow approved for "medical" use yet? I always hated weed. This isn't fair. 

I used to catch eels from the river that ran past my boarding house when I was at school in the UK.  Used to cook them in the kitchen back in the house and share them with my room mates.   

Perhaps that is why I love cocaine so much!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have another World War in Europe.  The eel population will go up and the cocaine use will go down.

Following recent reports of hundreds of cats paws found in dustbins behind curry houses all over London, Met police again raided curry houses in high expectation of finding the cause of poodles legs getting into the Thames...😉

21 hours ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

Cocaine is widely found in rivers, with particularly high concentrations near London’s Houses of Parliament,

Houses of parliament, isn't the place where laws against cocaine use are voted?

I'm not familiar with London's geographic but I doubt that the houses of parliament are in the suburbs.

Cocaine is widely found in rivers, with particularly high concentrations near London’s Houses of Parliament, National Geographic reports.

Was this tested before or after Thai Pm visited the UK ?