Jonathan Fairfield

Queuing system via smart phone set to make immigration matters in Chonburi easier

2 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Really?  I'm not clear on just what the app does -- so, do you scan the papers into the app?  Will it at least scan your passport picture page like airline apps do?

I installed the APP. I saw that there are many folders: your passport, adress registration etc... inside each folder you can upload photos: it can be photos of documents taken from your phone or scanned documents (if you have a pc/scanner and your phone plugged to your PC) ? Time will tell...

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The app has none of those type of facilities, its simply an appointment app.

No you have to look closer, for each kind of visa application, you have different folders where you can upload photos from your phone (passport, your adress etc...).

Then everything is linked/saved in your account.

When you will complete everything I supose that there will be a button "submit application". An officer will check it and answer if there is something missing or not. If your demand has the status "complete" then the process will be really fast when you'll go to Jomtien.

I suppose that's how it should work.

Edited by fimo

12 minutes ago, fimo said:

I installed the APP. I saw that there are many folders: your passport, adress registration etc... inside each folder you can upload photos: it can be photos of documents taken from your phone or scanned documents (if you have a pc/scanner and your phone plugged to your PC) ? Time will tell...

9 minutes ago, fimo said:

No you have to look closer, for each kind of visa application, you have different folders where you can upload photos from your phone (passport, your adress etc...).

When you will complete everything I supose that there will be a button "submit application". An officer will check it and answer if there is something missing or not. If your demand has the status "complete" then the process will be really fast when you'll go to Jomtien.

I suppose that's how it should work.

Do you think that the advance submission of snapshots of documents will preclude having to submit the actual paper copies when you do arrive in the office for the extension?

10 minutes ago, fimo said:

I cant see anything like that in the app, do you need to create a profile first or is the upload option always there ?

1 minute ago, wpcoe said:

Do you think that the advance submission of snapshots of documents will preclude having to submit the actual paper copies when you do arrive in the office for the extension?

Yes of course, why would you do it on internet if you have still to bring all that ton of papers ?

Just now, Peterw42 said:

I cant see anything like that in the app, do you need to create a profile first or is the upload option always there ?

You have to register first then choose the kind of Visa application.

Then you will have the list of folders (passport, id photo, house registration, mariage certificate, photos from your house etc...)  where you will be able to upload your photos from your phone.

Posted (edited)

About mariage VISA I rechecked the list.

There is only one missing folder: "bank folder" and it doesn't suprise me because the letter from the bank must have be done 48h before the application.

So I really think that all the other documents must be checked before with internet,  and you'll only need to come with your bank papers.

But... something weird in that list is "receipt of residence notification" ? Is it a photocopy of the last "90 days notification" ?

... maybe I go to fast.. jai yen ... we have to wait for june 25th 🙂

Edited by fimo

9 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

5 minutes ago, fimo said:

Yes of course, why would you do it on internet if you have still to bring all that ton of papers ?

For pre-approval, pending final approval upon inspection of actual physical documents (with signature 😀).  Remember where you are: Asia -- Where paper documents double-checked (at least) by a second (at least) person is routine.

A pre-approval process would serve to make sure you have all the required ducks in a row before you make a physical appearance?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

For pre-approval, pending final approval upon inspection of actual physical documents (with signature 😀).  Remember where you are: Asia -- Where paper documents double-checked (at least) by a second (at least) person is routine.

Read the original post:

Pol Col Songprot Sirisukha said it was part of PM Prayut's dream of a value based economy with the public in mind at all times. 

That "routine" was a waste of time for us and the officers at immigration office (and then where ended all those papers, just a waste of time and papers). And about the "double check" in Bangkok, the last officer will do it on his computer with all the scanned documents (no need to post the papers to Bangkok).

Now the officers will have all the documents online on 1 click, that's a win/win solution.

Edited by fimo

Posted (edited)

Always a bit suspicious when loading apps or giving out phone numbers to banks or other institutions in Thailand, as shortly after, one very strangely gets flooded with unwanted spams and other fishy commercial messages........better thus to have a separate phone and number for use only for Thai matters and another phone for keeping touch with the west.

And why not also make an app for the 90 day reporting, that would be more appreciated, but of naturally will make life easier for the awful farangs !!

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, fimo said:

Read the original post:

That "routine" was a waste of time for us and the officers at immigration office (and then where ended all those papers, just a waste of time and papers).

Now the officers will have all the documents online on 1 click, that's a win/win solution.

Agreed that the routine is/was a waste of time (and paper and storage of such paper), but you are way more optimistic than I am that with the flick of an app, decades of redundant bureaucracy will come tumbling down.  😀

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fimo said:

You have to register first then choose the kind of Visa application.

Then you will have the list of folders (passport, id photo, house registration, mariage certificate, photos from your house etc...)  where you will be able to upload your photos from your phone.

OK thanks, it appears in theory it could work, submit online and get approval, turn up to get your stamp.

I really hope they dont do all this then want the same docs to be taken to immigration.

Just now, wpcoe said:

Agreed that the routine is/was a waste of time (and paper and storage of such paper), but you are way more optimistic than I am that with the flick of an app, decades of redundant bureaucracy will come tumbling down.  😀

I agree but that bureaucracy is "internal" and that new process goes in the right direction: even the "internal" process should speed up.

The last officer in BKK will have a clean desk (not filled with ton of papers) and he wont need to wait for the post office brings the papers from Jomtien to BKK.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I really hope they dont do all this then want the same docs to be taken to immigration.

As I wrote before about the mariage visa extension, there is only 2 papers that you can't give online: the bank letter and bank statment from the same day of application.

So I'm positive, I really think that for this extension you'll only need to bring the bank's papers.

4 minutes ago, fimo said:

I agree but that bureaucracy is "internal" and that new process goes in the right direction: even the "internal" process should speed up.

The last officer in BKK will have a clean desk (not filled with ton of papers) and he wont need to wait for the post office brings the papers from Jomtien to BKK.

I just had the vision of that officer (who should have a clean desk) printing out all the submitted digital documents so s/he has a pile of papers to justify his job.  Yeah, I'm a cynic.

@wpcoe

Print the documents in Bangkok ?

I'm pretty sure they wont, that's a "flow" process as we can see every where in the world: optimisation of the processes, time and human ressources.

Yes you  are cynic 🙂