I am trying to transfer money from my UK bank acc to my Thai bank acc via Bangkok Banks London branch, they keep

on rejecting it. There is the part where you give the details of Bangkok Banks London branch.

Account name.--------------------Then Sort code xx-xx-xx.   Then the account no xx-xx-xx-xx'

Do I print Bangkok Bank for the Account name, or is it something else? I know this may seem a daft question, but

I cannot think of anything else.

The money from my UK bank always goes back in after Bangkok Bank rejects it.

Thank you.

Account name is the name of the account holder in Thailand. So in your case Possum 1931 

maybe the sort code is swift code ? often things go wrong when there is no swift code. 

• Like 1

I've only done this once, and it was a while back, but you have to carefully follow the instructions on the Bangkok Bank website.

Is it BKK Bank or your bank rejecting the transaction? Does the error message give any clues?

They mean swift code NOT sort code 

"Our SWIFT code is BKKBTHBK, the one and only code for every Bangkok Bankbranch throughout Thailand. You should provide this to the overseas bank or person making the funds transfer via SWIFT to your account with Bangkok Bank in Thailand."

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I can recall a topic relating to transfers done via Bangkok bank in the UK about needing to register with them to do it.

From Bangkok Bank website.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringIntoThailand/ReceivingFundsfromUK/Pages/ReceivingFundsfromUK.aspx

"Instructions 
Funds Transfer services will be available soon as there has been some changes to our terms and conditions. If you wish to enquire more information, please contact Bangkok Bank, London on 0207-929-4269 or e-mail [email protected]"

Edit: Here is the topic I mentioned.

Edited by ubonjoe

22 minutes ago, poohy said:

They mean swift code NOT sort code 

"Our SWIFT code is BKKBTHBK, the one and only code for every Bangkok Bankbranch throughout Thailand. You should provide this to the overseas bank or person making the funds transfer via SWIFT to your account with Bangkok Bank in Thailand."

The transfer being discussed is not done via SWIFT. It is done as domestic transfer to the Bangkok Bank branch in London.

See the link I posted.

35 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I've only done this once, and it was a while back, but you have to carefully follow the instructions on the Bangkok Bank website.

Is it BKK Bank or your bank rejecting the transaction? Does the error message give any clues?

It is definitely the Bangkok bank in London that is rejecting the transaction as the money is returned to my UK bank. There is no error message. Robblok just may have the answer.

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

Account name is the name of the account holder in Thailand. So in your case Possum 1931 

maybe the sort code is swift code ? often things go wrong when there is no swift code. 

I will try your first suggestion, but can discount the swift code thing.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The transfer being discussed is not done via SWIFT. It is done as domestic transfer to the Bangkok Bank branch in London.

See the link I posted.

There is no link there Joe.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

See the link I posted.

OK Joe, I see the link.

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There is no link there Joe.

I should of written in my previous post.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I should of written in my previous post.

That's fine Joe, I have printed it out. Thanks again.

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

See the link I posted.

Ok noted i am not aufait with this system i presume it must have some benefits ( speed not being one of them in this case)

I always use  simpler method to transfer directly from Uk bank to BKK bank (via swift) missing out UK BKK bank you get TT rate on transfer/conversion  which is favorable 

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

It is definitely the Bangkok bank in London that is rejecting the transaction as the money is returned to my UK bank. There is no error message. Robblok just may have the answer.

I agree with Rob. The account name required is the name of the account from which you want to transfer the money. The 3 x 2 digit format is typical of a UK bank sort code. This will be the sort code that identifies the bank and branch. The account number is the actual number of that account.

Try that and if still a problem then ring the UK branch.