Rc2702

Easiest Androids to root

Posted (edited)

Had some issues with rooting Android recently.

Androids wirh binary 4 seem difficult if not impossible? 

Samsung being the main phones rooted by myself.

Is there any particular Samsung that can be rooted easier than others?

Maybe this question is based on the OS the phone has so sane goes for the OS? Easiest to root to become a system app?

Edited by Rc2702

And forgive my stupidity! Why would anybody want to root a phone?
They are for surfing, texting, chatting and talking, right? I can do all that with my unrooted Android!

With a rooted Device you can install different Firmwares.

Some of them give you more options or better Battery Live for example.

For Samsung the main reason is to get a vanilla Android without all the crap what Samsung put on your phone and you cannot delete it.

Easiest phones to root are the one from OnePlus.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I spent several hours today trying to find someone in Chiang Mai who could root my ancient Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and install an Android version 5.  All said it was impossible but I read online that it can be done although you have to root the phone first.

Has anyone successfully got anything later than Android 4.4 running on a Note 2?  HSBC's new banking app requires Android 5 or newer.

Edited by Greenside

Both meanings of rooting androids are a reality, but one is only for Aussies. 

18 hours ago, Get Real said:

And forgive my stupidity! Why would anybody want to root a phone?
They are for surfing, texting, chatting and talking, right? I can do all that with my unrooted Android!

Plenty of reasons

Custom ROMS

Install Adaway

Delete bloatware

To name but a few

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Plenty of reasons

Custom ROMS

Install Adaway

Delete bloatware

To name but a few

Custom Roms: Just buy a phone with the OS you like.

Install Adaway: This is an ad-blocking app for Andriod. You can install it and it´s functions on any Android Phone. Not need to be rooted.

Delete Bloatware: https://www.technorms.com/44801/remove-bloatware-from-android-no-rooting

Sooo......tam....tam...tam...tam....

Rooting is very common for Android users. Something like 27% of all users are Rooting phones for a variety of reasons. 2 billion android phones on the market.

6 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Hmmm hate to get into discussions with people who dont know what they are talking about but I will humour you...

1. Why would anybody buy a phone just because they like the OS that is installed, good idea. The phone looks crap but its got a OS that i like. Far better to buy a phone you like and install a Custom ROM that does exactly what you like. You wouldnt buy a car you didnt like just because the seats were good would you.

2. You can install Adaway on any phone but it wont work. Adaway replaces the host file on your phone and to do that you need root. These so called ad blockers that run without root juts create a vpn which slows down your phone. Much better to do it at root level, set it once and done no need to open 3rd party app. Maybe you can provide an example of such an app that you would use to block ads from apps? You 

3. This is not deleting bloatware its only disabling and not all of them either. Of course you can disable some apps (not all but some) but that is not deleting the bloatware like i suggested is it. To truly delete the apps you need to have access to the system>apps or system>priv-app folders whether that manually or from another app and guess what, yep you guessed correctly ..You need Root for that.!

So far none of your suggestion would work sufficiently just crappy workarounds. Where as if you have rooted your phone then that provides solutions.

Sooo......tam....tam...tam...tam....

Oki doki, so all 90% of the users of mobile phones just don´t know what they do, or the phone is just a piece of crap because it´s just not rooted.

Posted (edited)

Anybody got Android 5 or higher running without fuss?  I really don't want to buy another phone just to run a banking sign on app.  OK, the Note 2 is old but still works fine for virtually everything I need.

Being a newbie at Andriod is intimidating and looks both time consuming and full of pitfalls.  I don't see other than enthusiasts claiming reliable results (and even then they're often qualified with remarks like "after spending the weekend tidying up the EPL logs and re-flashing the Goolies it worked like a charm until....etc".

If someone knows a stable reliable ROM I may give it a try.

Edited by Greenside