BANGKOK 11 December 2018 07:31
snoop1130

#DontTellMeHowToDress, Thai women say

36 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What about guys that forcibly enter the house or flat and rape women at home, sometimes very elderly women, I guess they must have been asking for it as well?

You`re deviating from the subject and just to remind you: Don`t Tell Me How To Dress, Thai women say.

This is about women dressing sensibly and maybe not bringing unwanted attentions upon them. Now I`m waiting for the question; well, what is dressing sensibly? I`ll answer before being asked; it`s using common sense.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

You`re deviating from the subject and just to remind you: Don`t Tell Me How To Dress, Thai women say.

This is about women dressing sensibly and maybe not bringing unwanted attentions upon them. Now I`m waiting for the question; well, what is dressing sensibly? I`ll answer before being asked; it`s using common sense.

Women are free to dress as they will. 

The way women dress is not the cause of rape. 

The cause of rape is rapist scum. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thus elevating victim blaming to the somewhat odious level of rape apologist.

I 100% agree that it is always the rapists fault , they are to blame .

I am not an "apologist" for their behavior .

Potential victims should take certain measures to stop it happening 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

How about the "authorities" suggesting that men should stop behaving like uncontrolled savage beasts and behave with the respect for women ("others") .... weaker, more vulnerable others....regardless of their "misguided" behaviour.......as decreed by the precious Buddha who they defend and proselytise on behalf of so vigorously?

I never seem to hear that admonition.

Silly me, the "authorities" are invariably men aren't they?

And the message remains:

"Women.........don't feed the animals"

The "authorities" do not just suggest  that rapists should not behave in that way , they jail them , society does not accept rapists , we prosecute them and punish them .

Males should not behave like "uncontrolled savage beasts ", unfortunately, some do , in an ideal World , rapists would not exist , but in the real World they do .

Victims should try to not to get themselves into that position , although , if they did , it would always be the rapists fault and he would solely be to blame .   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's all just stick our heads in the sand and pretend that there are no bad people in the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I have lived in several so-called “civilised” cities and towns in England. In none of them would my ex-wife (The Harridan Witch of Old England!) venture out at night after about 21.00 even to go to the Circle K convenience store (or Sperrings as was) (equates to 7/11). Even in the middle of winter with four inches of snow, dressed in a head to toe duffle coat – just about as unappealing as she could get was a No-No (she was bleddy unappealing at the best of times ?).

Either I would go myself, walk with her, or drive her in the car. And as for allowing my daughters…. Forget it.

It doesn’t matter where you are in the world, a lone woman is prey. And a lone child, probably a million times as much.

My advice to ladies would be to dress provocatively at the party if you want to, have fun flirting (or whatever!), but get a taxi home. And don’t put yourself at risk.

It is up to the individual to assess the danger they present to themselves, and for responsible adults to do that for minors.

I’m just an old git, but I know that through time immemorial, women have never been safe on their tods. The lone girl working in fields, the woman trudging home from the market, or the office girl walking to the bus-stop after a long day. The attacker is a sick pervert, but the woman/girl/carer should take every precaution.

My tuppence worth.

Edited by PhilAtUbon
  • Like 1

The cause of rape is rapist scum, says one poster. So, how do you eliminate the cause? How do you prevent deviates from raping? How do you stop an aspiring rapist from acting out his fantasies when an opportunity presents itself? How wonderful it would be if there was a magic answer, but until it is found can you blame people for advocating a discretionary approach? It's disappointing that some posters here are being unfairly labelled as misogynists and, wow! even apologists for rapists -- that must hurt. All of us are sickened by a rape, more so if it involves kiddies, so some of the more inflammatory responses here are just a tad too hysterical IMHO. The "apologist for rapists" comment was way out of line.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Another stupid troll topic. What next - "Sexism on Soi Six"?

LOL

• Haha 1

Hey you, wear bikinis.

I expect a full netizen outrage session before I've finished my coffee or I shall be very very disappointed.

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

And they would act differently , if the possibilities were removed .

Does it mean in countries where women in public are only allowed if clad in burkas, rape does not happen?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1