Jump to content
BANGKOK 13 November 2018 07:57
sananeamk0715

What Is This Documents?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I just get my Non-B visa(teaching) 2 weeks ago. Now I have to apply for Teaching License. My agency just sent me this documents today? What is the documents? I asked one of teacher from school as she said "this documents teaching without teaching license"? 

36301757_402813296889404_4308798340528603136_n.jpg

36378362_402813306889403_3773987333498470400_n.jpg

36444132_402813323556068_1323872146564317184_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved to here.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds about right

I'm wandering if you have a work permit, because it's looking like you haven't gone through the Government process of getting a Teachers Lisc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Sounds about right

I'm wandering if you have a work permit, because it's looking like you haven't gone through the Government process of getting a Teachers Lisc. 

So do u think this documents because of something going wrong? Why my agency not apply Teaching license but sent kinda document then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sananeamk0715 said:

So do u think this documents because of something going wrong? Why my agency not apply Teaching license but sent kinda document then?

I'm no expert so will leave it to them

But from what I've read it is quite a process & have you been required to get a police clearance which is needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

I'm no expert so will leave it to them

But from what I've read it is quite a process & have you been required to get a police clearance which is needed

I already have police clerence. Because required when u apply Non-B

Edited by sananeamk0715

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In order to teach at a school (not a language center) in Thailand you must have either a Teacher's License or a waiver that will allow you to teach for 2 years without a Teacher's License.

 

You need a BEd or an MEd or a BA/BS + a one year certificate (PGCEi or Grad. Diploma in Teaching) or be a currently licensed teacher in your home country to get a Teacher's License.

 

Since most foreigners teaching in Thailand just have a BA/BS, most teachers are using the waivers.  The requirements for a waiver are listed on pages 2 & 3 of the pictures you posted:

1.  Copies of your BA/BS certified by your embassy along with a transcript.  (If your degree is not printed in English, you will probably need an official translation).

2.  A copy of your passport with a Non-immigrant B Visa that has at least 30 days validity left.

3.  If you are not from the US,UK,Australia,NZ, Canada or Ireland you will need to take the TOEIC test.  I don't remember the minimum score required.

4.  A copy of your contract with your school.

5.  A 1 inch picture that is not more than 6 months old.

 

Your school will have to take signed copies of all these documents and apply for the waiver for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, otherstuff1957 said:

In order to teach at a school (not a language center) in Thailand you must have either a Teacher's License or a waiver that will allow you to teach for 2 years without a Teacher's License.

 

You need a BEd or an MEd or a BA/BS + a one year certificate (PGCEi or Grad. Diploma in Teaching) or be a currently licensed teacher in your home country to get a Teacher's License.

 

Since most foreigners teaching in Thailand just have a BA/BS, most teachers are using the waivers.  The requirements for a waiver are listed on pages 2 & 3 of the pictures you posted:

1.  Copies of your BA/BS certified by your embassy along with a transcript.  (If your degree is not printed in English, you will probably need an official translation).

2.  A copy of your passport with a Non-immigrant B Visa that has at least 30 days validity left.

3.  If you are not from the US,UK,Australia,NZ, Canada or Ireland you will need to take the TOEIC test.  I don't remember the minimum score required.

4.  A copy of your contract with your school.

5.  A 1 inch picture that is not more than 6 months old.

 

Your school will have to take signed copies of all these documents and apply for the waiver for you.

Yes my agency also asked me 1 inch picture, Non B visa, TOEIC copy copy etc. So r they gonna apply for teaching waiver? What’s the different between teaching license and teaching waiver? Why I can’t apply for teaching license?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A waiver is an exemption from the licensing requirement, for those who can not qualify for a licence, or who are waiting for their licence application to be processed.  Out of curiosity, have you written a TOEIC ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allane said:

A waiver is an exemption from the licensing requirement, for those who can not qualify for a licence, or who are waiting for their licence application to be processed.  Out of curiosity, have you written a TOEIC ?

Yes I already take TOEIC. Can I apply work permit with teacher waiver?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troll posts removed.   Some members have no businesses poking fun at the OP since they apparently can't read and comprehend the question.   Continue and face a suspension.

 

Not everyone teaching is teaching English.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×