SlyAnimal

Graduate Diploma in Teaching

Posted (edited)

Any recommendations on universities in Thailand that offer a graduate diploma in teaching or similar?  (I.e. a 1 year course, in English, that would provide me with a full teaching license at the conclusion).

I'm not looking for something online, more looking for classes that I can attend and learn from etc.  I had one recommended to me by a colleague, but their course didn't start this term due to a lack of numbers.  If I'm going to do some study then I'll want to commit to it, so am hoping to get a few institutions that I can communicate with so that if one falls through I'd have a backup.

Edited by SlyAnimal

Check with Ramkhamhaeng Univ. in Bangkok. No personal experience, but 10 yrs.ago, a then colleague did something there.

Posted (edited)

1.  Nottingham PGCEi (UK, online & F2F)

2. Framingham State U. M.Ed. (US, online & F2F)

3.  St. Roberts/IFUGAO/PCU Grad Dip.Teaching (PH, online & F2F)

4. St. Theresa Grad. Dip. in Teaching (PH, F2F)

Edited by aidenai
  • Like 1

If you're going to commit to something worthwhile to improve your career then definitely do the Nottingham or Sunderland PGCEi (yes, they are mostly online).

I know a few people who have done them over recent years and all ended up in decent schools on good money. 

Any of the Thai or Filipino ones wouldn't be accepted at decent places and not improve your career or salary. If that doesn't bother you then I would assume they are a piece of p*** to complete.