Kohsamida

"Best" Chiang Mai Pharmacy ?

Just wondering what's your vote for the best pharmacy in Chiang Mai (for Farangs).  There are a ton of pharmacies for sure but very few that carry an extensive inventory or that have English-speaking staff.

Right now my vote is with Peera Pharmacy.  Anyone care to add to this list?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Why would the best pharmacy for Thais not also be the best for farangs?

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

If the criteria is what they stock it's Dara Pharmacy on Kaew Narawat Rd. near McCormick. I even had a doctor at Rajavej telling me I should go there as they stock medications the hospital doesn't.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Why would the best pharmacy for Thais not also be the best for farangs?

Primarily language; pharmacist's ability to understand customer's needs and either carry an extensive supply of western products or know the equivalent available brands that will do the same job.

Edited by Kohsamida

Just spotted it "dee thee sut Pharmacy", next to the 7/11 by the temple.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My vote is for Fascio on Suthep Rd...They have everything I have ever asked for at the lowest prices I have seen, english speaking pharmacist and if you ask they will set you up with a discount card...

https://goo.gl/maps/R1iXVeQ6ikQ2

Btw they have just opened a store next to the market in a Hang Dong!

DD479824-9375-4D8C-A7C5-75C4D3B2E03C.jpeg

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Peera Pharmacy looks to be at ground zero for the tourist trade...

I would worry that their prices would be higher...

Peera:  https://goo.gl/maps/tu4fjibGGLA2

Also as a general rule I go in with the name of what I want on my phone - show them it and say “Oow GENERIC” (showing them I’m Cheap Charlie- ;-))... If they bring me anything in a box I am suspect that they are up selling me a expensive alternative - Then I ask Mee GENERIC Mai?...  😉

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Peera Pharmacy looks to be at ground zero for the tourist trade...

I would worry that their prices would be higher...

Peera:  https://goo.gl/maps/tu4fjibGGLA2

I think you're right; they are a bit on the high side but the pharmacist is really quite knowledgable and she takes the time to understand your needs, and also to explain options when they exist, and not just sell you the most expensive item.  She's a really nice lady too.   Thanks for the heads-up on Fascino though; nice to know there are good options.

Edited by Kohsamida

Primarily language; pharmacist's ability to understand customer's needs and either carry an extensive supply of western products or know the equivalent available brands that will do the same job.

Not all farangs speak English so your pharmacist needs to speak many languages.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

I think you're right; they are a bit on the high side but the pharmacist is really quite knowledgable and she takes the time to understand your needs, and also to explain options when they exist, and not just sell you the most expensive item.  She's a really nice lady too.   Thanks for the heads-up on Fascino though; nice to know there are good options.

Peera pharmacy, yes.  I have sometimes gone to her instead of a doctor. Very satisfied always. 

Just now, amexpat said:

Peera pharmacy, yes.  I have sometimes gone to her instead of a doctor. Very satisfied always. 

I think of her the same way.  I've gotten better advice from her than I have from a lot of doctors actually.  Very intelligent lady!

2 hours ago, Kohsamida said:

carry an extensive supply of western products or know the equivalent available brands that will do the same job

If you are looking for a specific brand or it's equivalent Google & online suppliers are your answer.

If you have a new problem then find a Pharmacist that speaks the language you require and describe the symptoms.  Often a quicker and cheaper alternative than going to a doctor/Hospital. (minor ailments only obviously!).

• Sad 1