BANGKOK 18 November 2018 23:06
chado

why AirAsia is so expensive nowadays?

Posted (edited)

For instance, from Cambodia. Not only it's awfully expensive on all routes, but Malaysia AirLines is cheaper on some route - $79 vs 92. Add to that that Malaysia AirLines includes 30 kg baggage

I can't recall when was the last time when I saw at skyscanner AirAsia not being the cheapest one - not on the 1st place. 

Edited by chado

Because either Air Asia increased their prices or the other airlines lowered their prices

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Because either Air Asia increased their prices or the other airlines lowered their prices

Logic!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, chado said:

but Malaysia AirLines is cheaper on some route - $79 vs 92.

Strange that they charge in dollars?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Strange that they charge in dollars?

And the fact that there are 20 different dollars and no one seems to indicate which one.

Because they have been around long enough to start to incur the costs that made all airlines more expensive years ago. Keeping good employees, especially good pilots, maintaining aging aircraft and replacing where its needed makes the airline business an expensive investment. See how quick some of the 'cheap' companies come and go, simply because they never made enough to cover some unexpected expense. The national airlines get special help; wasn't Malayasian seriously bankrupt a while ago? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

And the fact that there are 20 different dollars and no one seems to indicate which one.

Always the biggest dollar  US$. You can change the currency on the booking page

41 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

The others are all counterfeit. Or as the big orange baby would call them FAKE

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Always the biggest dollar  US$. You can change the currency on the booking page

I wasn't referring to an airline's website. I was referring to posters on TV using dollars and assuming we all know the value.

When you have pushed most of the competition out of the game, Then who will be big enough to return? So, you set the prices for what has become no more than bus service, If they could they would have you sitting on the floor. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

I wasn't referring to an airline's website. I was referring to posters on TV using dollars and assuming we all know the value.

Almost everywhere uses $$$$$s, if you don't understand it, you aren't living in the modern world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duanebigsby said:
27 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Almost everywhere uses $$$$$s, if you don't understand it, you aren't living in the modern world.

US, Canada, New Zealand,Australia,Singapore, Hong Kong,Jamaica,Cayman Islands,Botswana,and many others all use a currency called dollar. All are different values. Way off topic so no futher replies.

Air Asia will charge you in about any currency you want. However Euros and US Dollars pop up as your 3rd and 4th choices (their online software does that) . If flying from Thailand  they offer the ticket in Baht, then whatever country your are flying to followed by dollars and Euros. Those are not "loonies" either. No further discussion.