BANGKOK 13 November 2018 08:11
idman

Another change for U.S. Citizens.

Wasn't this arrangement  for showing an "income letter" some sort of treaty or agreement between Thailand 's government and the USA?

Chaing Mai  immigration just up and unilaterally changes it?

Posted (edited)

My bank (Bangkok Bank) only seems to keep 6 months balance records... I usually get this printout certified from the bank and have it with me when do my extension and have my US Consul letter of income...

Agree the last few years my agent looks at the bank statement but does not take it to submit to immigration...

My question is a 6 months certified bank record showing regular monthly transfers in sufficient or do they require a full year?... If so how does one get a full year when the bank only keeps the last 6 months on file?

The bank book seems unless for me as I never use it and when asked to have it updated the update seems to only add one or two previous entries and the present balance...

Edited by sfokevin

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Print the monthly statement each month or great interval not exceeding 6 months. Keep on file at home because you have foresight and know you'll need them later.

I have been keeping my own quarterly printouts from online banking but worry that the printout may not meet muster as it is not "certified" by the bank ?

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, idman said:

you have to show where the money came from.  You must provide poof of that money.

Are you saying they want proof that you're receiving that income in general such as pension or Social Security receipts, OR, proof that that income is being received into Thailand, such as, deposits into a Thai bank account only?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, idman said:

besides that $50 rip off form from the U.S. Consulate you have to show where the money came from.  You must provide poof of that money. 

This was a long time coming....It was only a matter of time.

It was a given half the claims of income were BS

I always thought it would be funny if CM Consulate forwarded all the sworn to have XXX income per month to the IRS for their confirmation ??

Would have had a few surprised barstools around town

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. I have often (but not always) been asked by the US Consular official prior to my affidavit swearing whether I am aware that Thai IMM can and at their discretion ask for corroborating info.

2. Thai bank ATM slips showing the 220 baht int'l transfer fee should suffice to show source of funds. Bring a stack of them.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

1. I have often (but not always) been asked by the US Consular official prior to my affidavit swearing whether I am aware that Thai IMM can and at their discretion ask for corroborating info.

2. Thai bank ATM slips showing the 220 baht int'l transfer fee should suffice to show source of funds. Bring a stack of them.

Yes my Consulate have always told me every year to have bank statements from back home with me to prove the INCOME actually exists in the home country as some thai Immigration offices no longer accept just the statutory declaration form on it's own. Note that the wording is that you have got the correct amount of INCOME every year in your other country, not that you merely HAVE THAT AMOUNT OF SAVINGS MONEY in an account in another country. They obviously know some people lie on their declaration form which is easy to do until you are found out and then you are also  in trouble with your own home country authorities as well.

Edited by The Deerhunter

This has been discussed on FB for a few days now. "Don't have the proof? Then come back when you do."

• Like 1