BANGKOK 20 November 2018 18:20
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Grandmother spared jail after saying £26,000 cannabis haul was cake ingredient

14 minutes ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

A grandmother found with £26,000 worth of cannabis in her house has been spared jail after telling police she was using it to bake cakes.

I wonder if that excuse would work for other drugs...I mean ingredients?

Posted (edited)

She said she then began to cook with it by putting it in butter to make cookies, cakes and brownies.

Some guys will miss their cookies. 

Edited by jenny2017

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Pussy Pass, a guy would have gone down for 5 years.

Not at all true.. 

I know multiple growers in uk some low scale and semi hobby but a few ranging up there.. Someone I know was busted a couple of years back with 300 plants (70% at cuttings but 100 or so at budding stage) basically an entire agricultural barn full, a real sized operation with multi 100k income potential. 

Community service and IIRC suspended sentence. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Only the British legal system could swallow such a load of b_llocks.

Not only the British legal system. Me too. I find her story reasonable.  Why not ?

The media is blowing the story up. Grandma, 26.000 Pounds...

A woman, 51, 8.000 Pounds would be more aprobiate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Obviously yet again we see that the Great British Police obviously have nothing better to do. These idiots do themselves no favours at all, they continuously whine, whinge and complain about lack of resources, lack of manpower etc. and what do we see them doing? Trolling through Facebook for supposed "Hate Crimes" and hunting down grandmothers for cooking a bit of blow!

No sympathy with them at all, they need to get back to the real world. 

Yes lets have a police force in the UK that is like those in Russia, did you see how they beat a football hooligan nearly to death with night sticks, or should we have the Brown envelope mob that this Forum sees so much of. You liking  something doesn't make it legal and it is not the police who decide its illegal, but in the UK a quick bung will not buy a blind eye

• Like 1

Most missed this part;

Abstracting electricity: This offence is created by section 13 of the Theft Act 1968: A person who dishonestly uses without due authority, or dishonestly causes to be wasted or diverted, any electricity shall on conviction on indictment be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.

Cannabis they care less about. They certainly don't want to waste police resources on it. Chances are they discovered her because of the amount of electricity she was using.

The nonsense of cannabis being illegal has become clear to many in government. Hence the announcement of it being allowed in the UK for medical purposes.

The truth is that many use it to self medicate. Certainly less harmful than alcohol abuse and other refined narcotics, such as cocaine etc

I tried cannabis as a teenager and it certainly didn't lead me on to any other form of recreational drug use.

In fact, I don't even like to intake caffeine at this point.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:40 PM, Formaleins said:

Obviously yet again we see that the Great British Police obviously have nothing better to do. These idiots do themselves no favours at all, they continuously whine, whinge and complain about lack of resources, lack of manpower etc. and what do we see them doing? Trolling through Facebook for supposed "Hate Crimes" and hunting down grandmothers for cooking a bit of blow!

No sympathy with them at all, they need to get back to the real world. 

Do you understand how justice is delivered in the UK

Actually the police DID do their part however they don't sentence people.

The police hand the case to the Crown Prosecution Service who decide if there is a case.

It is the job of the prosecutors and defence lawyers to argue in the court and the magistrate of judge to pronounce sentence if the defendant is found guilty.

Poor try at police bashing.

The idiot here is the one looking back at you in the mirror.