Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 13 December 2018 06:10
webfact

When it rains it pours - inside this woman's MG car!

When it rains it pours - inside this woman's MG car!

6PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A young Thai woman went on Facebook to complain about her MG car that she bought in Pattaya.

Before she had her vehicle ten days it was letting in the rain.

Orn-uma, 27, paid 800,000 baht for her red MG 1.5X back in May. But it was always soaking wet inside after the rain. And she wondered if it was even safe to drive with all the electrics.

Requests to MG to refund her money or change the car fell on deaf ears according to Orn-uma who was contacted by Sanook.

Now she is preparing to go to trading standards to get justice.

She said the car had caused her and her family untold grief. She even complained that it was under-powered for overtaking.

MG promised Sanook a response in the case by 3pm today.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-12

36 minutes ago, drbrit said:

Chinese crap.   They bought the MG brand and their business plan is to market off British sports car heritage.   But they are pretty shabby build quality (maybe that was part of British sports car heritage too !!)

Isn't MG Indian owned now?.

I've bought a new MG5 just over 2 years ago.  Never had any problems, and my wife absolutely loves driving it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drbrit said:

Chinese crap.   They bought the MG brand and their business plan is to market off British sports car heritage.   But they are pretty shabby build quality (maybe that was part of British sports car heritage too !!)

No, MG has renown racing heritage, in fact most stuff was exported to the USA...Do a google..

PS..My 1964 MGB soft top did not leak water.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Must confess I don't like the name buying....Today's "Mini Cooper" has nothing to do with the names fame, just lucky that BMW does supply near faultless engineering, but it is a bought name for the masses that they can make money on..

Indeed Tran's ( nice to hear from you ) buying Brit' marques as did the Germans with Mini , RR , Bentley was always likely to produce good motors if a little Germanic in character .. But the M G brand and it history is sullied being attached to these things .. Needless to say you don't see many of 'em on the road in Britain ..

• Like 2