lezwill

non o multiple entry visa from london

has anyone recently applied for a non o multiple entry visa based on marriage from the Thai embassy in London.if so can you let me know what documents they require.many thanks

• Thanks 1

Many reports on the forum of it not being a problem in person or by post.

Completed application form with 2 photos. Copy of passport photo page. Copy of marriage certificate. Copy of wife's ID card.

No financial proof is asked for.

Info on doing the application can be found here. http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742

Form download: http://old.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/Consular/Form/visaapplication15.pdf

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Does your wife live with you in England?

Why do you ask?

I am just asking because I wonder if it's easier to get a visa to visit a European country if you were a resident in the UK as opposed to apply  for one from Thailand. But having re-read your post that might not be what you are applying for it for. I might have got the wrong end of the stick

In which case accept my apologies

2 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I am just asking because I wonder if it's easier to get a visa to visit a European country if you were a resident in the UK as opposed to apply  for one from Thailand. But having re-read your post that might not be what you are applying for it for. I might have got the wrong end of the stick

If your talking about a Schengen Visa for your Thai wife to visit other EU countries then she should apply in Thailand.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

But a good reason for your asking in any event IMHO is that, had he got married in the UK, he would almost certainly need to go through the tediously bureaucratic process of getting his UK marriage certificate legalised, as outlined in the following link, as a prerequisite to annual marriage extensions which he might be minded to apply for at his local immigration office once his multi-entry non-O visa had been fully used:-

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/712469/Legalising_sig_stamp_Sept_15.pdf

@lezwill - if this is, indeed, the case, I would strongly recommend that you get this all sorted before applying for a non-O visa.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

But a good reason for your asking in any event IMHO is that, had he got married in the UK, he would almost certainly need to go through the tediously bureaucratic process of getting his UK marriage certificate legalised, as outlined in the following link, as a prerequisite to annual marriage extensions which he might be minded to apply for at his local immigration office once his multi-entry non-O visa had been fully used:-

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/712469/Legalising_sig_stamp_Sept_15.pdf

[mention=178459]lezwill[/mention] - if this is, indeed, the case, I would strongly recommend that you get this all sorted before applying for a non-O visa.

Married 25 years ago in Germany, never had to legalize anything. Just use an international marriage certificate. However, the marriage had to be registered at the Thai embassy , when we got married.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Married 25 years ago in Germany, never had to legalize anything. Just use an international marriage certificate. However, the marriage had to be registered at the Thai embassy , when we got married.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Are you living in Thailand on a marriage extension?

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Are you living in Thailand on a marriage extension?

I think this part of his post is relevant to your question.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

However, the marriage had to be registered at the Thai embassy , when we got married.

He has a Thai marriage certificate which eliminates the need to register the foreign marriage at an Amphoe.

5 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I do not have a THAI marriage certificate, only a German

You wrote you registered your marriage at a Thai embassy which normally includes having a marriage certificate issued.

Perhaps you had your German marriage certificate legalized by the Thai embassy which is not registering your marriage.

At that time, we had to send the certificate to the embassy, where the marriage was registered including the name change of my wife. We had to decide to use the Thai name of my wife or my family name

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

4 minutes ago, wobalt said:

At that time, we had to send the certificate to the embassy, where the marriage was registered including the name change of my wife. We had to decide to use the Thai name of my wife or my family name

Things may of been different back then. Did you get any kind of document to prove the registration.

Embassies cannot do name change now so that is one thing that is certainly different.