BANGKOK 11 December 2018 03:40
ADS1

60 day setv to non o visa

I intend to come to Thailand within the next 45days. I am 56 year old UK male, engaged to but not married to a Thai lady. I understand that my 2 options for retirement visa are as follows. 1) Obtain a OA visa from the Thai embassy in London before travelling to Thailand. Or 2) Come to Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa, then apply for the 90 day O visa inside Thailand, with the intention to apply for the 1year extension of stay based on retirement. Am I correct that if I take option 2 above, the application for changing tourist visa to O visa has to be done at the immigration office for the area I am living in. and not at Bangkok?

Regards.

Tony.

Posted (edited)

Is it not possible in England to buy a Non immigrant O single entry??? If so buy that instead and after 60 days you can proceed with applying for an extension of stay based on retirement...

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

No, i would need to be 65 or over to get non O in UK.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will apply at the designated office for where you are living.

General requirement for the visa application is here: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80  There may additional requirements dependent upon where you apply.

Ok, thanks. I just wanted to be clear on that, as there is a lot of reference about Bangkok in similar posts.

1 minute ago, ADS1 said:

I just wanted to be clear on that, as there is a lot of reference about Bangkok in similar posts.

A lot of posts are out of date since immigration did a directive that all offices can do them last year.

Ok got it, thanks. Would i need some form of onward travel proof when i arrive on tourist visa?

2 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Ok got it, thanks. Would i need some form of onward travel proof when i arrive on tourist visa?

If you have a valid visa for entry a return or onward ticket is not required.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a valid visa for entry a return or onward ticket is not required.

But you need a return or onward to get the the SETV?

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

But you need a return or onward to get the the SETV?

That depends on where you apply. Certainly in the past, no onward flight was needed for an SETV in the UK.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

That depends on where you apply. Certainly in the past, no onward flight was needed for an SETV in the UK.

No problem, I will just book a cheap flight somewhere if needed.