rooster59

Bail denied - Pattaya man who impersonated PM ordered held as flight risk

Bail denied - Pattaya man who impersonated PM ordered held as flight risk

impers.JPG

Image: Daily News

The Pattaya mobile shop guy who was selling SIM cards to foreigners in the name of Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha appeared in court in Bangkok yesterday.

The Ratchadaphisek court ordered him held for an initial 12 days from 13th to 24th July so that four more witness statements could be gathered. 

Pheeramet Wongthongkeua, 31, was arrested on Wednesday at the Chan Mobile shop after complaints from True. A computer, phones and SIM cards were taken into evidence. 

It is alleged that he sold SIM cards in the name of the PM to foreigners. 

Pheeramet, a Bang Lamung native,has admitted to some charges of using false documents but also faces defamation charges. 

The court decided that he represented a significant flight risk so a bail application was denied.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-14

Do not get it, what is so special about SIM card to be sold in the name of PM?

and true complained about what? Selling out of SIM cards?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The court decided that he represented a significant flight risk so a bail application was denied.

They were worried airlines would offer him a free first-class upgrade if he booked using the same ID card for the SIMs.

• Haha 2

I understand fully that they do not grant bail to this man. The flight risk is very imminent and highly probable. I mean, impersonating the PM by using his name. I know we have the death penatly here, but the penalty that awaits him for this!!!! Ouuuch! It´s just a very new and far to real version of a living hell filled with extreme and out of this earth techniques to inflict massive pain without hurting any vital organs to disturb the possibility to relive it over and over again. Death would be a blessing. :cheesy:

6 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I understand fully that they do not grant bail to this man. The flight risk is very imminent and highly probable. I mean, impersonating the PM by using his name. I know we have the death penatly here, but the penalty that awaits him for this!!!! Ouuuch! It´s just a very new and far to real version of a living hell filled with extreme and out of this earth techniques to inflict massive pain without hurting any vital organs to disturb the possibility to relive it over and over again. Death would be a blessing. :cheesy:

Yep, the Americans did carry out waterboarding at a secret location in Thailand (Utapo). I've no doubt that they allowed their Thai counterparts to observe. A nasty fate indeed!

• Like 1

Well, he actually did not impersonate the PM. He could have used any other name with the same result. Probably thought it was funny to use the PM's name.

• Like 1

'It is alleged that he sold SIM cards in the name of the PM to foreigners.'

And naturally, the foreigners recognised the name of the PM. As if...

10 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

'Pattaya man who impersonated PM ordered held as flight risk'

Funny that they are so unable to recognise real flight risks when they are staring them in the face. Red Bull Willy is just one example.

But then, money talks loud and very clear. 

image.png

• Like 1