BANGKOK 11 December 2018 02:21
tomtaylor1

Number plate auction, 777 0r 77or7 most valuable

Hi, am thinking about going to The Number Plate Auction, August, which number do you think will fetch the most money, 777, or 77, or 7.

Any one know how much numbers like these are likely to fetch.

Thank you.

Tom

7. But as always at auction it depends how much 2 or more poeple who just "have to have it" are willing to go.

I thought it was the other way around here ie 777 to be more desirable (expensive) with 9999 being the most favoured.
Chinese like 8888
Either way they can run into several hundred thousand baht for the most sought after "lucky" plates.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Luckeee, luckeee, luckeee!

Just had a look at a dealer's website so full retail price.

7777........1,000,000 baht.

777..........630,000 baht

77............350,000 baht

No single digit 7 for sale so assume most expensive and rarer.

9999... ....5,000,000 baht

• Like 1

Hi Thank you for the information, the reserve price is 5000 Five Thousand Baht, so at those prices Think I will give it a miss.

Thank you.

Tom

Dont foreget there is a 555 in every province , mines not from BKK so it didnt cost much a few years back..

I have 9898 on my car...a Fiesta, plate registered in Bangkok with the Bangkok artwork on it,  is now worth more than the car I reckon. Brought it when I had a Beemer

I would really like to sell it for around what I paid for it, Did not go to an auction the dealer got it for me.

Numbers outside of Bangkok are much less expensive so it could be worth taking another look if you live upcountry.

The double-digit numbers are relatively cheaper. I had 66 before and bought it for 80k. Sold it for 120k. Can take a while to sell but eventually you'll find someone who wants your number for some personal reason.

• Like 1

Because the Chinese think #8 is lucky, many Thais think so too so almost anything with "8s" in it should be worth a buck or two.

Of course, if the floods in the north cause any long submerged tree trunks to resurface, then however many branches (or stubs of branches) still on it could be the new "lucky" number.

Sometimes the DVL can be awkward . They will not even transfer a No from a car you have owned from new.Shades of no money for Marriage visa, but if yer skint go to one that ignores the rules we all have to follow.Little Men in Offices, same the world over.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Luckeee, luckeee, luckeee.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:43 PM, Toosetinmyways said:

Just had a look at a dealer's website so full retail price.

7777........1,000,000 baht.

777..........630,000 baht

77............350,000 baht

No single digit 7 for sale so assume most expensive and rarer.

9999... ....5,000,000 baht

I have a single 7 motorbike plate,  an old bike,  didn't realise they were worth anything!!

2 minutes ago, leither69 said:

I have a single 7 motorbike plate,  an old bike,  didn't realise they were worth anything!!

I think you now realise your financial situation has just been given a speculators 'jet' a$$i$ted boo$t ?