webfact

We demand action! Pattaya foreigners complain damage from next door condo construction

'... reporters went to see the "Europeans and Scandinavians" ...'

Last time I checked, Scandinavia was in Europe.

'Calls to the cops and City Hall proved useless.'

Not exactly a surprise.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Always rent, so you can move at moments notice, when something like this happens, or some youths move in nearby with their mindless Thai 'rock', or the Thai neighbours turn on you for a whole myriad of reasons.  Just go to one 'just built building', until the problems come [which they will], and then onto the next 'just built building'.  Quick on your toes, and travel light.

No, just think smart before you BUY 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

Always rent, so you can move at moments notice, when something like this happens, or some youths move in nearby with their mindless Thai 'rock', or the Thai neighbours turn on you for a whole myriad of reasons.  Just go to one 'just built building', until the problems come [which they will], and then onto the next 'just built building'.  Quick on your toes, and travel light.

Always RENT, <deleted>.!?!?! 

I like to have control, being a renter you're at the mercy of the landlord. 

I've bought many properties here, you just need to have a brain and do the homework, I've never had a problem.

Some people are their own worst enemies, its easy to buy property, what's not easy is buying the right property. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't buy, don't buy, oh and don't buy.  The Thai rules and laws (if any) just do not favor foreigners.   You never know what sort of new rule or development is going to come along. Sounds like many people bought the properties with the goal of renting them out.  Another risky proposition in itself.  Lease or rent unless you really really really love a place

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, rickjza said:

You should never, ever buy a house near vacant land. Anything can be built upon, they should think themselves lucky a rubbish tip was not approved.

Judging by the state of the "garden" that was shown he'd probably find a rubbish tip quite acceptable.

51 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Don't buy, don't buy, oh and don't buy.  The Thai rules and laws (if any) just do not favor foreigners.   You never know what sort of new rule or development is going to come along. Sounds like many people bought the properties with the goal of renting them out.  Another risky proposition in itself.  Lease or rent unless you really really really love a place

But those same laws somehow do favour Thais?  How do you work it out that it's just the foreigners that are at a disadvantage?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is why I will NEVER EVER buy property in Thailand.

And please keep on over building so rents are super low for decades to come. 

At least then the people with small amount of money can afford roof over the head and not living on the street.

Sick people, get your earplugs in or turn some music on, you want to live in pattaya, a fast growing city, then take the consistency of it, it’s not a small quiet nice town.

i don’t live in pattaya, I’m living outside in nowhere, and the noise here is bad, yes animal noise, but they are the part of nature. 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rickjza said:

Always RENT, <deleted>.!?!?! 

I like to have control, being a renter you're at the mercy of the landlord. 

I've bought many properties here, you just need to have a brain and do the homework, I've never had a problem.

Some people are their own worst enemies, its easy to buy property, what's not easy is buying the right property. 

Absolutely . Just imagine sitting on crappy Thai furniture and a concrete mattress and having the landlord steal 2 months deposit because you dare to put a nail in the wall to hang a picture

I did home work and bought a corner condo so their is zero noise in the bedroom (no neighbor) . lazy boy recliners , top of the range mattress and top of the range everything else. master of my domain and I answer to no one.!!

Do your home work..due diligence and don't be stupid and buy a house next to a condo size vacant block. Serves them right they should have known better

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

A would be savvy property purchaser will always look at the surroundings of the property he's wishing to buy keeping in minds that everything is possible to happen with properties next door, well, as much as one can be careful in this country... 

I'm glad we built next to a swamp.

Not so glad the sis-in-law's house is across the street.

Loei house aerial view.png

Loei house 4.JPG

Sunrise Loei 2017.JPG

Dim house 2.JPG

• Like 1

I thought Thai buildings only had a shelf life of around 10-12 yrs so he's doing fine if it's still standing.if he's had it 12 yrs he must of got a great exchange rate back then so if he sold it for 3 million he would be still up on the deal.stop moaning and get some ear plugs.

• Confused 1