webfact

We demand action! Pattaya foreigners complain damage from next door condo construction

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

But those same laws somehow do favour Thais?  How do you work it out that it's just the foreigners that are at a disadvantage?

Seriously?  Do you think the Foreigner has any advantage over Thais in general when it comes to any dispute in Thailand?  Not to mention any dispute that even gets to a court.  good luck if you think a foreigner is a favorite

21 hours ago, The manic said:

I rent a condo in Soi Cozy in a block I would consider buying but there is massive plot of undeveloped overgrown land from a previous failed project. Its tied up in legal problems now. But once that problem is sorted its obvious a condo will be built there. Meaning 24/7 construction noise and dust.  To say nothing of what effect it will have on the environment when it is completed. In the UK, when buying a property you can learn of any future developments and the status of the land nearby. Not foolproof but a bit less haphazard than here.

As you say even in UK you have to dig deep. Almost bought a new bungalow that had nice views over fields to the sea and the area  was green belt listed.

Dug deeper and found out the green belt listing had an expiry date 5 years in the future.

Now that bungalow has nice views of back fences and two story houses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Seriously?  Do you think the Foreigner has any advantage over Thais in general when it comes to any dispute in Thailand?  Not to mention any dispute that even gets to a court.  good luck if you think a foreigner is a favorite

No, I don`t but then I didn`t say that, did I?   I was commenting on the post that suggested that foreigners were at a disadvantage when it came to the laws applying to this topic.

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

As you say even in UK you have to dig deep. Almost bought a new bungalow that had nice views over fields to the sea and the area  was green belt listed.

Dug deeper and found out the green belt listing had an expiry date 5 years in the future.

Now that bungalow has nice views of back fences and two story houses.

The green belt has to go to create housing for the immigrants and the children they create through polygamy. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, The manic said:

The green belt has to go to create housing for the immigrants and the children they create through polygamy. 

In this case it was oil money in Aberdeen.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:46 AM, NCC1701A said:

this is why I will NEVER EVER buy property in Thailand.

And please keep on over building so rents are super low for decades to come. 

haha so true about cheap houses. But the ones who buy condo never have any problem, if they have a brain at least.

1.never buy a home in a city 

2. if you think you can control what going to happen  next land plot to you, you insane 

3. If you want a quiet place why not live in the jungle 555

4. Ofcores you can rent the house out just wait to the finish building 

• Like 1

Jewish lightening only way out of that mess in Thailand. nothing will be done for the home owners farangs are expendable here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, I don`t but then I didn`t say that, did I?   I was commenting on the post that suggested that foreigners were at a disadvantage when it came to the laws applying to this topic.

they are.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 8:01 AM, rodney earl said:

NEVER invest in thailand.!!!

.......more than you are prepared to lose.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

they are.

Love to see how you explain that.

15 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Love to see how you explain that.

I think I would give this thread a rest, if I was you, and try another thread to defend the Thais. eg Thai road carnage.