webfact

We demand action! Pattaya foreigners complain damage from next door condo construction

18 hours ago, brling said:

I think I would give this thread a rest, if I was you, and try another thread to defend the Thais. eg Thai road carnage.

Thanks, but you're the last person that I need any advice from you about what threads I should post in or what the content should be.

8 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Oh stop it.  You clearly are bent and stuck on the belief that you think foreigners get the same treatment in a Thai court as Thai natives do ( if they even get to a court which is doubtful).  You just keep believing anything you want

I knew that you wouldn't be able to explain your comment, nothing new there, then.

"Oh stop it"....geez

On 7/17/2018 at 4:10 AM, webfact said:

said they bought their property for 4 million baht 12 years ago.

It was all nice and quiet before and they could get a good rental income.

No more. With the noise from the condo - especially the air-conditioners no one wants to rent out their place any more.

Things change and sh*t happens. Did they seriously think 12 years ago that Pattaya would stay the same as it was then? If I wanted to ensure peace and quiet for the rest of my life, I would rather buy a house by a fjord in Norway or on a fell in the north of Sweden than Pattaya, Thailand.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 9:56 PM, Damrongsak said:

I'm glad we built next to a swamp.

What was the English word for loving mosquitoes.. 😄

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I knew that you wouldn't be able to explain your comment, nothing new there, then.

"Oh stop it"....geez

pretty childish be you.  There is plenty of defense.  Just scan numerous posts on Thai Visa and you will find many examples of Foreigner getting the shaft.  Now run along to your paper route.  Lamentable how people such as you just keep trying to inflame things and are too lazy to do any due diligence.  If you think Thailand is greatly fair to foreigners, then by all means go and buy some land in some Thai person's name, go ahead and open a business and see how much attention you get from many officials and non-officials. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2018 at 10:41 AM, NanLaew said:

It would be a very savvy, maybe a clairvoyant property purchaser to know a high-rise or condo is going to be built right next door in 10 years time.

Mind you, around 10-12 years ago, there wasn't any indication that they would be shoehorning condo's into back streets miles from the beach. Condo's were primarily (near) beach front affectations and small, quiet, low-density housing developments beyond the railroad bypass would have certainly been appealing back then, especially at 4 m baht.

Regarding substantial development in this area, you would not need to be clairvoyant back in 2006 to know big things could be built there. Looking back on Google Earth you can view a 2006 image of the plot of land Arcadia is developing. It's a very clean 1.8 hectares of undeveloped land. I see they cleared it ready for construction in 2014.

Arcadia Beach Resort.PNG

Arcadia 2013.PNG

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Actually, you do get the same treatment in a Thai court if and only if you get a really good lawyer. I had to change lawyers for a number of court cases last year. The first one ripped me off - the second one got me out of the shit the first one put me in... Not only did the first lawyer not get the job done, but his negligence nearly got me charged criminally for something HE did. What did he do? He submitted key documents late, outside the prescribed 90 days... despite me handing them to him 6 weeks earlier.

The hard part is to find a lawyer that's actually on your side. 

A good lawyer knows the law.
A great lawyer knows the Judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

pretty childish be you.  There is plenty of defense.  Just scan numerous posts on Thai Visa and you will find many examples of Foreigner getting the shaft.  Now run along to your paper route.  Lamentable how people such as you just keep trying to inflame things and are too lazy to do any due diligence.  If you think Thailand is greatly fair to foreigners, then by all means go and buy some land in some Thai person's name, go ahead and open a business and see how much attention you get from many officials and non-officials. 

Not childish at all to ask you to explain something that you posted that is not justified.  

If all those examples that answer my question to you based on what you said are so easily available why don't you use them to provide an answer instead of pivoting and avoiding answering in your own words?

Ignorance of people buying.

Add to it those that buy with empty lots around them thinking it is some great open space.

Then, years of construction noise ruining their lives. So sad.

Always rent.  Get a 6 month lease so you can get the hell out if it goes to S...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mok199 said:

get in line...everyone living in pattaya has a story and damages from construction and or bad neibours...suck it up

Yeah. My last rental apartment had roof tile damage from a condo construction next door. I was also constantly clearing up my top balconies from debris that used to fall down....and the side wall facing the building site had concrete splatters all over it... not to mention having to wash my front drive after every concrete pour, because cement drained down in front of my apartment. In hind sight I should have left, but my landlord gave me a rent deduction and I liked the place.

• Like 1