webfact

Swedish tourist killed in Pattaya motorcycle crash

Swedish tourist killed in Pattaya motorcycle crash

By The Nation

swede.jpg

Picture//Facebook

A Swedish tourist was fatally injured when his motorcycle collided with another motorbike on a Pattaya road early on Wednesday, police said.

The Pattaya police station was alerted of the accident on Jomtien 2 road in Tambon Nong Plue in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district at 12.30am.

The tourist, Tommi Nilson, 38, died on his way to hospital.

A witness, Nattharat Sainuch, 29, told police that the Swede sped past him, swerved right to avoid a car parked on the roadside and crashed into another motorcycle, sending him down and sliding on the road for several metres.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350297

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-18

4 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

But he has learned.....the hard way.had big bikes most of my life and sold my beloved ducati last year...why? Because I want to live and not be disabled are just 2 of the 100's of reasons riding in Thailand.here in my village in issan we all sold up our big bikes.now we just have pcx's.our motto is if you crash,eat rice.in other words crash in a rice field.

My old pal hit a bridge at 80mph. He was riding a Harley 1200. His body was shattered. RIP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, happy chappie said:

But he has learned.....the hard way.had big bikes most of my life and sold my beloved ducati last year...why? Because I want to live and not be disabled are just 2 of the 100's of reasons riding in Thailand.here in my village in issan we all sold up our big bikes.now we just have pcx's.our motto is if you crash,eat rice.in other words crash in a rice field.

If the report was correct then the fact that this happened in Thailand seems irrelevant.  Most likely he was drunk and caused the accident by his own stupidity.  Having a big bike isn't going to kill you any more than a scooter will.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourist, Tommi Nilson, 38, died on his way to hospital.

That is good news for Thailand.

His death will not be counted as a traffic death.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Same here ! But as soon as I arrived in Thailand ! People who keep riding here because it's so important for them unfortunately (for their kids!) deserve what happens....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I didn't gather he was riding a big bike.

If you open the report you see a photo.

Assuming it's the victims ride (not sure)

I have no expertise in bikes but to me it is neither a scooter nor a big bike.

Some kind of "off road"/"trail bike"?

It's his bike following a report in sanook.com.

It translates as a "motocross".

He crashed into a PCX.

Edited by KhunBENQ

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you open the report you see a photo.

Assuming it's the victims ride (not sure):

I have no expertise in bikes but to me it is neither a scooter nor a big bike.

Some kind of "off road"/"trail bike"?

yes looks like an 'offroad' bike with offroad tyres, those knobblies are frightening on a wet road.