Jump to content
snoop1130

Chuvit to be released this Saturday

Recommended Posts

Chuvit to be released this Saturday

 

chuwit-1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

 

Chuvit Kamolvisit, an outspoken television show host and former leader of the now-defunct Rak Thailand Party, will be released on Saturday, July 21, after serving a one-month jail term at the Bangkok Remand Prison, Corrections Department director-general Pol Col Narat Sawetanan said today.

 

The Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions sentenced Chuvit to one month in jail after finding him guilty of filing a false assets declaration to the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

 

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chuvit-released-saturday/

 
thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-7-19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, anchadian said:

Just the one month then.

That's what it said.... 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From memory I seem to recall he was sent to prison for about a year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ukrules said:

From memory I seem to recall he was sent to prison for about a year

That might have been the first time, he's been in twice.

regards Worgeordie

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't realize he had been impisoned, normally see him on tv every morning, must have clashed with the World Cup.

 

I do like the guy though

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Didn't realize he had been impisoned, normally see him on tv every morning, must have clashed with the World Cup.

 

I do like the guy though

Just because he stole the means by which hundreds of people earned a living, why hate him?  For some reason Thais like him.  Frankly, he and his sledgehammer deserved a good burning at the stake.  Would have saved the cost of imprisoning him for the past month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, candide said:

The one month jail is not the most relevant aspect of this case. The most important is that he has been deprived of the right to contest elections for 5 years. Oh surprise! Right before an election!

Chuwit is a good TV host- controversial, outspoken- it brings in the viewers- but his record as a politician is lamentable. He started his own party, Rak Prathet Thai ( Love Thailand) and gained 4 MPs but he fell out with  them all, dismissing them from the party if I remember right.

A maverick, distrusted by other politicians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, bannork said:

Chuwit is a good TV host- controversial, outspoken- it brings in the viewers- but his record as a politician is lamentable. He started his own party, Rak Prathet Thai ( Love Thailand) and gained 4 MPs but he fell out with  them all, dismissing them from the party if I remember right.

A maverick, distrusted by other politicians.

I am not particularly defending his record as politician. I just find interesting that he has been deprived of political rights shortly before an elections. And this for a very minor offense, as he forgot to declare a share of 150 000 baht in a restaurant, which is peanuts. A case to compare with the NACC covering up Somyot who borrowed 300 million baht to the owner of Victoria Secrets (and did not declare it either).

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, candide said:

I am not particularly defending his record as politician. I just find interesting that he has been deprived of political rights shortly before an elections. And this for a very minor offense, as he forgot to declare a share of 150 000 baht in a restaurant, which is peanuts. A case to compare with the NACC covering up Somyot who borrowed 300 million baht to the owner of Victoria Secrets (and did not declare it either).

but that's different - wink wink ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 19 August 2018 20:07
Sponsors
×