Gandtee

batteries on aircraft?

Should hearing aid batteries be packed in checked in luggage or cabin luggage? Thai International.

2 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Hand luggage

Sent using Tapatalk

Thankyou

indeed hand bagage, had it last year. Powerbank in suitcase, they kept it aside and had to take it out.

2 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

indeed hand bagage, had it last year. Powerbank in suitcase, they kept it aside and had to take it out.

Lucky that they didn't just bin it 

This is actually not so clear. When I flew to Thailand two years ago, Canada-London-Bangkok I carried my batteries in my carry-on. (North American policy) When I arrived in the UK and went through screening again they said I should have put them in checked luggage. The problem is in checked luggage they may not be stored properly and in carry-on luggage, they may be hooked in sequence and shorted by a terrorist to start a fire aboard the flight. Best to keep all batteries to a minimum. That said, hearing aid batteries should not be an issue. Rechargeable batteries and power banks are of bigger concerns. In the UK after the third degree, they let me keep my batteries but it had to be approved by the supervisor. 

I understood that all batteries were now assigned to hand luggage.  That is what most directives point out?