BANGKOK 16 October 2018 16:38
cleverman

Retirement visa Phuket

Can I get a retirement visa in Phuket without having to go to Bangkok,? Recommendations for visa agent ,Rawai?

If you are house registered in Phuket then you must apply to Phuket Immigration.

Why use an agent ?  Proof of pension (min 65,000 Baht/month) from your home embassy in Thailand or 800,000 baht in Thai bank for at least 2 months (first application), photo of you outside your home, map where your home is, one copy of all pages in passport, registered at your Phuket home in Thailand, and you are good to go. Easy. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Easy. 

Based on the assumption that we are talking about an extension based on retirement, not a retirement visa. Oh, well. I love precise questions. ?

Edited by hkt83100
typo corrected.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, hkt83100 said:

Based on the assumption that we are talking about an extension based on retirement, not a retirement visa. Oh, well. I love precise questions. ?

Very true. I did assume a one year extension. However a very long time ago I did convert my multi entry non immigrant O into a retirement extension without leaving Thailand.

Edited by LivinginKata

1 hour ago, hkt83100 said:

There is always one. You all know what is meant by retirement visa. I will be arriving on a tourist visa and because of mobility difficulties, would not want to have to make a trip to Bangkok to certify my income statement, and any other stuff.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cleverman said:

There is always one. You all know what is meant by retirement visa. I will be arriving on a tourist visa and because of mobility difficulties, would not want to have to make a trip to Bangkok to certify my income statement, and any other stuff.

So now we are getting more information.  To be honest it would be easier to get the  retirement visa at the Thai embassy in your home country.

If want to change your Tourist Visa to Retirement status then you will need your country embassy in Bangkok to certify your pension. This is not an area I am familiar with but I have read here on the forum that the German Consulate in Phuket can certify for other nationalities. 

• Thanks 1

If you are house registered in Phuket then you must apply to Phuket Immigration.

Why use an agent ?  Proof of pension (min 65,000 Baht/month) from your home embassy in Thailand or 800,000 baht in Thai bank for at least 2 months (first application), photo of you outside your home, map where your home is, one copy of all pages in passport, registered at your Phuket home in Thailand, and you are good to go. Easy. 
Map where your house is???

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Oh dear- does anyone EVER use the search button. Numerous threads on here about retirement EXTENSiONS in Phuket( NOT visas!!).

10 hours ago, cleverman said:

Entering on a non-immigrant O visa would be easiest, can be converted to extension of stay locally. You will need proof of income or money in the bank for 60 days befor the first extension.

You don't say what your nationality is, but I note you mention Perth in a couple of posts.

If you are Australian, the Phuket Consulate General can certify income statements. No need to go to Bangkok.

9 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Oh dear- does anyone EVER use the search button. Numerous threads on here about retirement EXTENSiONS in Phuket( NOT visas!!).

Laws can change overnight, some clever people like to be kept up to date regarding retirement visas. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Entering on a non-immigrant O visa would be easiest, can be converted to extension of stay locally. You will need proof of income or money in the bank for 60 days befor the first extension.

Too late, paid for the tourist visa and booked the flight. Thanks anyway.

Laws can change overnight, some clever people like to be kept up to date regarding retirement visas. 
Well he is a cleverman hence why he feels the need to be clever, always best to ask first before using the search option.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

You don't say what your nationality is, but I note you mention Perth in a couple of posts.

If you are Australian, the Phuket Consulate General can certify income statements. No need to go to Bangkok.

I'm Ozzie, great news, thanks.