Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 January 2019 15:14
Rimmer

Pattaya testing speed-trap cameras

They are not all situated at Traffic Lights Treppasit Rd at Soi Kopai for instance,I think they are lane changing Traps

Also seen the in The country roads with no traffic light in view.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woody622954 said:

Speed limits in Thailand are:

Town and city: 60 km/h
Open Roads: 90 km/h
Motorways: 120 km/h

Most streets inside Pattaya have a 50 km/h limit

A few important streets - such as Beach Road - have a 40 km/h limit

and big limit signs painted on the road.

They also installed this speed system on South Road (aka Pattaya Tai),

at the intersection with Soi Khopai

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wrong part of Thailand, I know, but if anyone is driving the At Narong/Ram Intra expressway in Bangkok, be aware that there are now 13 speed cameras on the expressway between the Sukhapiban 5 on-ramp and the Phattanakarn exit inbound, and 7 on the same stretch outbound . They are not the usual big grey boxes - these are mounted on the top-left corner of most of the steel gantries across the road, with a square black radar unit (K Band) above and a small camera taking the pics, similar but not identical to those in the pic on this story. My trusty detector hasn't found too many on other expressways around the capital yet (there are a few), but they're certainly doing a major trial on this stretch of road, and they're extremely strong radar guns, out to almost a kilometre with maximum strength at about 100 metres from the gantry.

So it seems that these cameras on Tapraya and Teprasit will take a photo of the back of your car, is it usual ?

And there is not trafic light where they are located, so they are only speed cameras ?!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, talay view said:

They are not all situated at Traffic Lights Treppasit Rd at Soi Kopai for instance,I think they are lane changing Traps

Also seen the in The country roads with no traffic light in view.

Speed or changing lane ?! Anyway they will record the rear of the cars.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Most streets inside Pattaya have a 50 km/h limit

A few important streets - such as Beach Road - have a 40 km/h limit

and big limit signs painted on the road.

They also installed this speed system on South Road (aka Pattaya Tai),

at the intersection with Soi Khopai

So they are installed at 4 spots ?

- Tappraya

- Teprasit

- North pattaya

- South pattaya

Is it correct ?!

all about speed or lane change ? Can they do both ?!

50km limit around Pattaya ? Where is the sign ? it's 80 everywhere, so why not at Pattaya also ?

Edited by goegoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

Wrong part of Thailand, I know, but if anyone is driving the At Narong/Ram Intra expressway in Bangkok, be aware that there are now 13 speed cameras on the expressway between the Sukhapiban 5 on-ramp and the Phattanakarn exit inbound, and 7 on the same stretch outbound . They are not the usual big grey boxes - these are mounted on the top-left corner of most of the steel gantries across the road, with a square black radar unit (K Band) above and a small camera taking the pics, similar but not identical to those in the pic on this story. My trusty detector hasn't found too many on other expressways around the capital yet (there are a few), but they're certainly doing a major trial on this stretch of road, and they're extremely strong radar guns, out to almost a kilometre with maximum strength at about 100 metres from the gantry.

what is this detector ?!

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Compared to the general rules it would be 90 km/h (56 mph) where the road is physically divided.

Cars come down the hill towards the lights at Bang Saray doing 150 kn/h.  There's been over twenty deaths whilst I have lived here.  A cop was once spotted hiding behind a sign holding a camera.  That's the sum total of prevention in ten years.

• Like 1

Obviously you paid a backhander for your licence because if you did the test which I did at the school on Rayong turnoff you would know all speed limits in Pattaya is 50klm, it is 70klm on Sukhimvit except near the underpass (refuse to call it a tunnel) where it is 80klm, no wonder there's so many bloody accidents people just don't observe the signs
The signs are few and far between and hard to see because of all the other "street furniture" and clutter...along beach road they painted 40kph speed limits on the road but they faded/rubbed away in no time ,almost impossible to see unless you specifically look for them which means your not concentrating on the traffic.
  • Like 1

The girls on beach road operate a similar system to clock the unsuspecting using a honey trap and short skirt method to part you from large sums (so I 'm told)? 

Put a speed trap camera on Soi 15 between Soi Buakhao and Avenue Mall.  I've seen one particular motorbike rider drive around 140 kmh down that stretch many times. 

On 7/27/2018 at 11:29 AM, Rimmer said:

If successful, the cameras could be installed elsewhere around the city.

Surely the systems have proven themselves in other countries and cities around the world so further testing by the BIB is moot!