BANGKOK 17 November 2018 18:10
Jonathan Fairfield

PHOTOS: Lucky escape for family of 8 after car bursts into flames in Hua Hin

Lucky escape for family of 8 after car bursts into flames in Hua Hin

s1.jpg

A family of eight were lucky to survive when their car burst into flames in Hua Hin on Saturday lunchtime.

The six adults and two children had been travelling from Hua Hin town centre to Wat Huay Mongkol temple when their white Ford Fiesta was struck by a ten wheel truck on the bypass road close the turning for the Hua Hin floating market at the far end of Soi 112.

The collision, which took place around 12.30pm forced the Fiesta off the road before it burst into flames.

Miraculously, all eight passengers were able to get out of the car.

Reports on social media said that it took fire crews more than an hour to put out the blaze.

The passengers were tended to by volunteers from the Sawang Hua Hin rescue foundation before being taken to hospital.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-28

s2.jpg
s3.jpg
s4.jpg
s6.jpgs7.jpg

Are Ford Fiestas prone to catching fire?

A while back the infamous Jenphob, the auto parts scion, (one of those that don't do jail) crashed his Benz into a Fiesta and tragically cremated 2 young people.

These people are very lucky, maybe an auspicious day?

Better have your own basic fire fighting logistics at hand,  either at home or in a vehicule,  if you don't want to end up in a barbeque....sad but somewhat true....

Just a rough guess but I'd say the truck was travelling too fast in the outside lane came up on the Fiesta, which was also travelling in outside lane and going slow, too fast to be able to stop. One of the many problems with Thai drivers is they like to travel in outside lane ignoring the signs that say keep left unless overtaking. Chareg both drivers with reckless driving 10.000thb fine loss of licence 10 years?????

• Like 1

Is it my eyesight, imagination or something else, but I swear the second picture shows the top of the cockpit of an alien spaceship on top of the burning car......maybe they landed too close to the lorry......:whistling:

• Haha 1

Fiesta possibly running an LPG system...which may have ruptured on impact.....why they convert these little cars to gas makes no sense....not too many gasoline vehicles just burn like this.!

8 people in this little can is stupid at least!

• Like 1

^ I would bet that the Ford was converted to LPG or CNG(NGV).  For the sake of saving a few baht people are willing to drive 4 wheeled bombs!

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Is it my eyesight, imagination or something else, but I swear the second picture shows the top of the cockpit of an alien spaceship on top of the burning car......maybe they landed too close to the lorry......:whistling:

Yes and that car is black not white .  They are out there......................and only a few with a driving licence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1