dallen52

What's your cost of living here in Thailand?

18 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

15 years good for you, hope Murphys doesnt come to you anytime soon..cheers mate

Gee after 15 years I think I might be ready for a newer  model.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tropo said:

Sorry Charlie, when you reply directly to my post, you're replying to me. If you want to make general comments, then just post without quoting.

😅..  I'm just giving you my 2 cents Charlie..no offense.  You know why i'm telling you that ? remember when we're kids ..our Father/someone who cannot fill his/her promise to us  and as an exchnage giving us many gifts or even money. That what happen if someone give too many gifts, chances are soon or later she will find another guy who can fork her  out more than you . Does James Bond give many gifts to all of his girls ?..i dont think he's a Cheap Charlie too😁

2 hours ago, JLCrab said:

He love to upgrade the software for 15 yrs so bit heavy to leave,Just remember to get the new one before throw the old to the bucket

1 hour ago, NonthaburiBear said:

Just remember to get the new one before throw the old to the bucket

Oh come on, this is Thailand. She''ll help me pick out the new one.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Gee, the conversation was about how to keep them, not how to buy new models.

2 hours ago, NonthaburiBear said:

😅..  I'm just giving you my 2 cents Charlie..no offense.  You know why i'm telling you that ? remember when we're kids ..our Father/someone who cannot fill his/her promise to us  and as an exchnage giving us many gifts or even money. That what happen if someone give too many gifts, chances are soon or later she will find another guy who can fork her  out more than you . Does James Bond give many gifts to all of his girls ?..i dont think he's a Cheap Charlie too😁

LOL Charlie, I already made it quite clear what I thought of your 2 cents... but you keep offering more. We must be up to 50 cents already.

• Haha 1

20k. Includes everything including two dentals, but does not include holidays or larger purchases. I do go thru a few bottles of premium booze at home every month. My wife has a job and buys her own kit. She also pays for her holidays until I hit 62. I kick her parents a bit of money or take the family (6) to dinner every so often (4k).

Small, comfy flat 600m from MRT in CBD

Transportation to and from work

Wife, self dinner out 2x monthly. 4k

Durian$

Eat out all the time

Pay for wife's food when together

All electric 5-6 to 10pm MF, 11-12-10SS AC

Water

Laundry 60pcs

I enjoy my job, busy with it, teaching smart kids. When I've had enough I'll go back to retirement and we'll most likely leave Bangkok. The income is great to stave off cash burn, but I can't afford both of us to be retired and traveling before 62-67. Shes 15 years younger, she can work another ten years especially as she gets 3 weeks paid and 2 unpaid a year for our trips.

My wife and I are pretty lazy on weekends. We save up and take long weekends and bigger international trips.

The flat is fine due to our working hours. It's quiet, cool even hear birds in the morning. I'll upgrade in a few years, but with the proximity to MRT, laundry, restaurant, 600m to MRT and walking (1-2km) to four malls, it's perfect for our lives. Oh and only 4km in a straight line via scooter to work for wife who has promised me she will sell the contraption before she's 45.

Edited by Number 6
comments about retirement
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 1:01 PM, tropo said:

Sorry Charlie, when you reply directly to my post, you're replying to me. If you want to make general comments, then just post without quoting.

So are you the only person in the world with you opinion?

46 minutes ago, David Walden said:

So are you the only person in the world with you opinion?

Don't make stupid assumptions in an attempt to justify your own opinions.

Edited by tropo

On 8/19/2018 at 5:35 PM, JLCrab said:

Oh come on, this is Thailand. She''ll help me pick out the new one.

Good for you, as Tropo is a keeper...actually i dont know he's a keeper or afraid didnt get the new one as if the old leave

12 hours ago, tropo said:

Don't make stupid assumptions in an attempt to justify your own opinions.

I'm haven't got a clue what your talking about.  My point is that if you argue about anything that you put on any public forum then you are inviting people to have an opinion.  You seem to think otherwise..."now what were you arguing about?  I thought we were commenting on "The cost of living in Thailand".

I don't care how others go about that, if it's good or bad.  I always thought a "Forum " was a place for public discussion" usually in a friendly way.  Not really a point scoring place.