Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 December 2018 18:21
John7272

Any good lawyer for extending retirement visa?

Hi

Do you have any good lawyer for extending retirement visa?

Could you share me their email address?

I need to extend my retirement visa with monthly pension income.

Good day all

Google visa agents Chiangmai.

Search visa agents  on this forum.

Multiple choice ranging from DIY for next to nothing to "deluxe" services for quite a few thousand baht.

If you do really require a lawyer to do it add a few thousand more baht.

You don't need a lawyer. It is very simple as long as your income is correct.

• Like 1

I doubt if any lawyer will have a staff member who will go to Promenada at 5am to queue for a slot number. And as others have said there are visa agents who will handle everything for you. Personally I use OS Visa who are located in soi 9 Nimanhaemin because they are capable and convenient.

Get a visa agent, but be aware that starting next month the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai will start requiring ACTUAL proof of income before they'll notarize your income affidavit.  

But for the rest of August they will require no actual proof. 

14 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

Get a visa agent, but be aware that starting next month the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai will start requiring ACTUAL proof of income before they'll notarize your income affidavit.  

Citation needed.

• Like 2

Eight posts and no one has said it yet?        Doesn't exist.          ?

5 hours ago, brommers said:

I doubt if any lawyer will have a staff member who will go to Promenada at 5am to queue for a slot number. And as others have said there are visa agents who will handle everything for you. Personally I use OS Visa who are located in soi 9 Nimanhaemin because they are capable and convenient.

+1 for OS Visa.

5 hours ago, brommers said:

I doubt if any lawyer will have a staff member who will go to Promenada at 5am to queue for a slot number.

The lawyer's office will have staff who will do it if it is work permit/business related etc.  Unlikely for bog standard retirement/marriage extensions

40 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

Are you sure about that? Surely it would be Immigration that would require the proof.

• Confused 1

I doubt the US Consul will get into that, what would they consider to be "proof"?

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, brommers said:

5am?  Who does that anymore ... bowl up anytime before lunch most days and you'll be done by 3 or 4pm latest.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

I doubt the US Consul will get into that, what would they consider to be "proof"?

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Same as the UK Embassy does in order to issue relevent document acceptable to Immigration? In other words, official letter/documention from the payer of the current stated income (eg pensions), or I think Inland Revenue Tax Returns, plus bank statements showing actual receipt of the income. Why would that be difficult for USA Citizens unless the true income is not as is being claimed? UK Embassy in Bangkok accept the verification documents online & normally respond in a few days by snail mail.