Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 17 December 2018 07:29
webfact

Hua Hin high speed rail: Plans to have the station downtown

Hua Hin high speed rail: Plans to have the station downtown

20180807070808_new18.jpg

Picture: New TV

Thai media has reported that plans to have the Hua Hin high speed railway station out of town have been shelved.

The idea is now to put the station close to the town center for the convenience of tourists and visitors.

Station master Prasong Komuk revealed to New TV a conversation with communications' minister Arkhom Termphitayaphaisit in which he said that plans for a station seven kilometers south of the town in Ban Nong Kae were now off.

The new station would be constructed near the site of the current one.

NT.jpg

Picture: New TV

The idea appeared to be to move the current station 225 meters south but retain its iconic architecture that is popular with visitors.

Meanwhile the new station will be part of an elevated section.

INN reported that the minister confirmed changes to the plans for the 33 billion baht railway that will run between Nakorn Pathom and Chumpon.

Sources: New TV, INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-08

4pm.jpg

4pm1.jpg

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai media has reported that plans to have the Hua Hin high speed railway station out of town have been shelved.

The only thing 'high speed' about this bullshit express #1 are the fast-talking bureaucrats.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Where the station in Pattaya? 

The current one? Railway road heading north before you get to the Highway 7 turnoff.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Where the station in Pattaya? 

railway that will run between Nakorn Pathom and Chumpon.

Am I missing something?

Nakhon pathom is about an hour west of Bkk while Chumpon is down in the south...

a good idea for a fast rail link which at the moment is lacking in speed..

Where does Pattaya come into this conversation??

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1790499241_Highspeedstation.jpg.dbdf85cbed07431ae17f13bbab6b92b7.jpg

Edited by HHTel

That was an artist's impression of Hua Hin Station a while ago.  The current station is in the bottom right corner.

Hope they are thinking about proper road access and parking to avoid a new chaos.

4 minutes ago, hhinhh said:

Hope they are thinking about proper road access and parking to avoid a new chaos.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

4 hours ago, hhinhh said:

Now you are just being greedy!  Expect too much and you are bound to be disappointed.  :sleep:

I do wonder what the old station buildings will be used for.  Retaining the iconic" old station building is admirable, but it surely must be used for something?  

Nakhon Pathom? What is there? And then you still need some local transport to get to Bangkok proper.

I thought they were building a new central train station for Bangkok at Bang Sue Junction.

Hotchilli - all I can think of is that Nakorn Pathom is on the southern line and a link to the eastern line without interchange in Bangkok might be feasible, attractive and possible

Fantastic, hope we get a fast trak to Huahin Airport and to Suwarmab. TAT must do more to get turists to the area.

Fantastic, hope we get a fast trak to Huahin Airport and to Suwarmab. TAT must do more to get turists to the area.
We??? I doubt.
Most probably your grandkids might see .
Furthermore I cannot see any need for more tourists here. Already too many Farangs in HH.