webfact

UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

3 hours ago, aright said:

What do you mean by political spectrum and political economy and turbo charged capitalism?

spectrum - range of political beliefs and creeds as denoted by party colours.

political economy- how economics relates to law, custom and government- what weight we give to economic viewpoints relative to other values.  This is a fundamental difference between the beliefs of the EU and the UK.  Thus the UK simply can't understand why the EU won't strike a free trade deal since it is seen purely in economic terms.

turbo charged capitalism- not just neo liberalism but also now the financialization of many aspects of life, an example being a house no longer being a home but a financial instrument.

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

I really don't think it's wise to state things like this as fact:

"the people who voted leave will be worse affected by it" and

"the elderly who will suffer from a lack of care staff" and

"the pensioners who will see the value of their pensions go down" "older people who were relying on the value of their house to see them through old age" and

"the skilled working class who will see their jobs in manufacturing evaporate." 

You don't if any of this is true.  Nobody does!

I do agree the debate has split families etc., and that the Scottish Indy ref is back on the table. Those things are a pity.  I think they can be healed though, after a successful Brexit (which I realise is also not factual!)

The elderly, the pensioners, the people who voted leave are all going to be dead rather soon.

Should the rest of UK people listen to these grumpy folks, who made an effort to show their middle finger for the last time?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aright said:

“Europe’s nations should be guided towards the super-state without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps, each disguised as having an economic purpose, but which will eventually lead to federation.” – Jean Monnet, one of the founders of the EU, 1952.

This is a false quote, one of the Brexit falsehoods commonly held to be true.

Edited by kwilco

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

This is a false quote, one of the Brexit falsehoods commonly held to be true.

Yet another one of these quotations, alt-ruskie folks like to show, without providing a source for their quotes. This happens far too often nowdays. 

9 hours ago, aright said:

And there was me thinking Brexit is all about democracy and freedom, confidence in our soulful nation to take back responsibility for our selves and to determine our future . Apparently I was wrong it's all about morality. Problem is morality is like art, you have to draw the line somewhere otherwise you pervert reality. 

How much you Alt-ruskies want democracy to be part of western society?

Edited by oilinki

9 hours ago, aright said:

And there was me thinking Brexit is all about democracy and freedom, confidence in our soulful nation to take back responsibility for our selves and to determine our future . Apparently I was wrong it's all about morality. Problem is morality is like art, you have to draw the line somewhere otherwise you pervert reality. 

Do learn from this. This is what Russian propaganda looks like. 

Read each sentence, understand each word. This is exactly how Russia wishes to play chess with us.

6 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

agree to disagree with you. We don't need to be hostile. 

Why would you identify yourself as  childld

6 hours ago, mommysboy said:

spectrum - range of political beliefs and creeds as denoted by party colours.

political economy- how economics relates to law, custom and government- what weight we give to economic viewpoints relative to other values.  This is a fundamental difference between the beliefs of the EU and the UK.  Thus the UK simply can't understand why the EU won't strike a free trade deal since it is seen purely in economic terms.

turbo charged capitalism- not just neo liberalism but also now the financialization of many aspects of life, an example being a house no longer being a home but a financial instrument.

I still hope for a Germany, Benelux and France Federation to become a reality. This would require the French got their economy and debt under control. Maybe if Macron can get a second term; but I doubt it, the French just lack the discipline. 

Having the "European Federation" sitting at the UN would look so good. Neither the Russians nor the Brits would like it though.